1.90 Yong WangFei (1)

A young woman, dressed in red, was looking at her own reflection in the copper mirror, while her long jet black hair was being brushed meticulously by two young maidens.

The young woman's eyes were round and dewy, and her slightly full cheeks still showed a trace of  youthfulness; her face was as flawless as the finest of white jade, and there was the slightest blush on her cheeks. Her expression was steady and elegant as she sat straight with a dignified pose. 

Her eyebrows were being drawn by an older woman. The older woman flicked the brush steadily, then she stepped back, satisfied expression on her face,

"You look beautiful, Bai-er."

"Thanking second mother," Ji LanBai smiled, looking up at Hai FenChu.

"Young Miss is truly beautiful," Xiao He gushed, however not stopping from brushing the long dark tresses. 

"Un~", Xiao Su, the other young maid combing her hair nodded happily,

"The Yong Prince is truly fortunate to be able to marry Young Miss."

Soon, another young maid took the comb from her hand,

"Of course, our Young Miss is the most beautiful in Da Lang. I bet, even in all of Zhang Empire.", Xiao Lin, the oldest of Ji LanBai's personal maids lifted her chin proudly, as if she was the one being complimented instead. She rummaged her fingers slowly through the different jewelries inside a mahogany jewelry box which was being held by her friend, Xiao Han.

The box contained more than a few different sets - each one was as valuable, beautiful, and intricate as the next. Any of them would pull any crowd's attention.

"Perhaps, we should stick with the phoenix and butterfly pieces, Xiao Lin?", Xiao Han suggested. Xiao Lin hummed in approval. In their judgement, their mistress did not need to have too much accessories dangling on her, as Ji LanBai herself was already a spectacular work of art. However, the phoenix red pieces and the butterfly green pieces would contrast nicely with her red wedding robe.

Xiao Lin started to twist a few knots in Ji LanBai's hair, then arranged a few elaborate hair-pieces on her hair.

For her wedding day, Ji LanBai chose to be attended by her own family. She opted for her make-up to be done by her second mother, and her attire and her hair to be styled by her personal maids, who would also follow her to her future estate. Although some of the more well-known wedding matrons in the capital expressed their interest to offer their service for the bridal preparation, Ji LanBai refused them all politely.

Inside her long red sleeves, her palms linked together in a tight grip, clutching onto an object. However, no one else inside the room noticed. Her expression was as serene and bashful as a young bride could be.

"Remember to call her 'WangFei' in the future!," Hai FenChu smiled, reprimanding the young maids softly.

Everyone nodded their understanding, and continued to chatter among themselves in good spirit.