1.89 Yong Prince

"Your Highness looks dashing!," the attending young eunuch sincerely praised, while humbly took a step back after he finished his task of dressing up his master,

"Young Miss Ji - our WangFei - is a maiden full of good fortune!"

Albeit shaking his head slightly at the eunuch's over-the-top compliment, Zhang GuoFu could not help but to smile a little,

"You'd do well to hold your tongue better when WangFei enters the estate! You must not offend this Prince's WangFei!"

The other couple of eunuchs chuckled good-naturedly, followed by the small giggles of some female maids. 

The servants and maids had considered themselves quite blessed, to have been assigned by the Ministry of Household Affairs to the Third Prince's estate. Their master was a just and kind lord, and as long as they did their duties properly, they lived and were paid pretty well.

Some of the younger maids stole a few quick glances at the handsome Prince, now garbed in red, their cheeks also blushing just a few lighter shades of the man's attire's color. 

Upon looking the bashful expression on their younger colleagues, the older female maids and some of the matrons shook their heads, reminding themselves to have a good talk with these young-lings later on. 

The younger ones were new maids in their mid and late teens, who did not quite yet understand the estate's rules and their lord Prince's character.

No matter how gentle or kind one looked, he was still a Dragon's son. And his WangFei was a daughter of a former war General, as well as the only sister of the current Tiger seal's holder, who was also a good friend of the Prince.

The naive young maids would do well to put their minds into somewhere else than trying to climb onto the Prince's bed.

If one would just pay a little bit more attention, they would understand the Prince's stance in this: why else would he choose to employ eunuchs - not female maids - to attend to his daily needs, as well as assisting in dressing him in the elaborate red wedding robes on this particular day.

In fact, since years ago, the Yong Prince had ceased having female maids to attend to his private courtyard's maintenance, preferring eunuchs who had been commended by the Palace's Department of Household Affairs.

The older matrons understood that the influx of newer employed young maids he had let into his estate recently, were only meant for his future WangFei

In this, everyone agreed: the Yong Prince's WangFei was truly fortunate.

However, that day, everyone joined in the festivity, hanging red lanterns and flowers throughout the estate. 

The Yong Prince's private courtyard - where he had been preparing himself at - were also crowded with servants and maids who had taken upon themselves to beautify the place to the best of their abilities. After all, later that day, or that night, their new Mistress would be admitted to the Yong Prince's estate.

At the very same courtyard and bedchamber, she would spend her wedding night, along with their lord Prince.

As Zhang GuoFu tied his usual jade insignia on his belt - carved in the form of a coiling dragon to symbolize his Imperial status, a eunuch arrived in front of his room door and bowed deeply,

"Your Lordship, some messengers have just arrived, bearing some gifts for Your Highness' nuptial."

Zhang GuoFu frowned at this. Myriad of gifts had been pouring into his estate almost everyday since the New Year, from various houses of nobility and ministers. Amongst the carriages of valuable items, were also from his elder brothers, as well as from the Palace, bearing well-wishes for his upcoming nuptial. It had died down somewhat for the past couple of days, and Zhang GuoFu could not think of any other personage that still had yet to express their regards.