1.102 Torment of The Departed

"Xiang-er!", YuLan's breath hitched in her throat,

"Do NOT come here!!!!"

But little JingXiang did not yet understand why his parents were suddenly lying motionless on top of the cold snow.

Nor could he understand the red thick liquid pooling around them, seemingly staining the whites all over he could see.

He just wanted to get close to his mother and father. And thus, he kept walking towards them,

The sword turned at his direction, red already staining its cold metal blade; but the little boy did not falter in his steps,

"Child... you should follow as well," the emotionless voice whispered, from the person that was supposedly the kind-hearted Crown Prince.

He casually lifted the sword, nonchalantly flicked his arm to grant another death.
In her desperation, YuLan could only let go of Xiao Hui's body and pushed her feet as hard as her trembling body would allow, utilizing whatever strength she could muster.

Her arms could only reach JingXiang, who was already very close to her.

She pushed JingXiang's body, causing the little boy to fall backwards on his buttocks onto the soft snow.

Then she felt the stinging cold pain on and through her back.

Looking down at her chest, she saw the bloodied tip of the blade that had just pierced her body. Red started to spread, causing her already blood-stained robes to become more vivid in scarlet.

The blade pulled away, and she fell backwards, her eyes dimly looked up at the Crown Prince's face.

And his blood-red eyes.

"So be it... if you want the boy to live... . It is enough that you ... are now... red."

The Crown Prince dropped to a kneel, now slowly caressing her cheeks with his blood stained fingers,

"Beautiful... ."

She felt strongly repulsed, but her body was cold and she could not muster the slightest bit of strength to move. She could not even feel his touch against her skin, despite still being able to see.

Still, she refused to waste the last of her consciousness on him - focusing on the hazy cloudy sky instead.

Between the grey clouds, she thought she could see two large orbs in the sky.

They were not the sun and its mirage. They were both moons, their blurry image currently imprinted into her gradually dimming mind.

They were bright, both almost the same size, large, red, menacing.

Then the red moons were hidden behind heavy clouds, as grey as the rest of the world around her.

She knew for certain. Soon, the grey will be as dark as the deepest abyss. Soon, darkness would claim her.

"My little flower... I will see you soon... ."

Then she saw confusion in the red pupils, the Crown Prince's face soon showed a panicked expression.

"I can't leave this body!! Why!!"

"Why!! I must leave!"

"I must follow my little flower!"

The blood red eyes gradually turned deep brown, and YuLan could no longer think about why or how or what the man had just spoken about.

She just felt cold.