1.88 What This Princess Wants...

"When will JingHan come?" YuLan asked, as she accepted JingXiang in her arms, who was just passed on to her by Xiao Hui

The spring had brought multitude of blooming flowers all around; and as YuLan still decided that it was not yet the right time to open Yong house for business, they just focused their attention on JingXiang, for the time being.

Currently, everyone was gathering under the pavilion in their backyard.

JingXiang had grown healthy and had been feeding quite well ever since he was born. Although Xiao Hui had not produced enough milk in the beginning, she could also now feed JingXiang properly by herself.

"Not sure. The brothers need him for some governance matter. He usually just run away from such affairs, but I think they got him good this time," JingMo smirked,

"I had to leave the Northern Plains earlier as I recalled it was almost Xiao Hui's due date. Initially I wanted to celebrate New Year's eve together. Who would have known, JingXiang decided that he wanted to celebrate with us," he glanced at his son and let out a sigh,

"Fortunately, I was not late."

YuLan hummed in acknowledgment.

However, soon, their idyllic peace was disturbed by one of the guards - who normally would be standing guard outside. Although he was not flustered, there was a indescribable confusion in his expression,

"Miss YuLan. There... is a guest for you outside... ."

YuLan frowned. Ji SongLi and Zhen BuFeng had left very early on New Year's day, and she did not even get to say proper farewell. Therefore, it could not be either one of them.

Her companions only looked at each other. HeShan asked cautiously,

"... Not Qian FanSheng, right?"

The guard shook his head,

"No... . But I think it is best if you actually greet this person personally, Miss YuLan."

Above them, Niu the eagle let out a long cry, before landing on JingMo's shoulder.

----------------

Princess Zhang XiuYa did not even want to dismount off her carriage as she looked at the decrepit house in front of her, with scrutinizing gaze.

The most kind word she could muster to describe the state of the house was... clean.

In her actual opinion; the building was way too simple, too small, old; and although there were myriads of blooming flower bushes and trees to make it pleasing to the eyes, it was hardly a place someone should live in.

"But then again, what can be said of someone who is so lowly...," she mused inside her heart., "This place, is fitting for her."

Then her eyes brightened as she noticed a female figure appearing out of the front door. The guard that had called for the woman - the woman that the Princess disliked so much - followed closely behind.