Chapter 3

Addison's Pov

I got back from break at 11:30am and walked into my office, sat at my desk and continued with the files. By 12:15am I was finished with the files. I picked them up and walked into Mr Carters office towards the filing cabinet.

"Do you not know how to knock before you enter a room Miss Jordan?" Mr Carter said harshly once he had finished with his phone call.

"Yes Mr Carter I do!" I replied trying to keep my attitude in check.

"Well it doesn't look like it to me. Next time you knock before you walk in."

"Yes sir." I said. I wanted to salute him as I said it just to annoy him but decided not to. I actually wanted to keep this job and do well for myself here.

It took me 15minutes to put the folders in the filing cabinet and all Mr Carter kept doing was sighing. I ignored his sighs and bit my tongue because I knew I would say something he wouldn't like.

I turned to Mr Carter who had such a sour look on his handsome face. "What would you like me do now Mr Carter?" I asked him politely.

"Well that took you long enough!" He sighed. "I need you to call these numbers and have meetings arranged with all of them. Somehow, some way they need to be done." There is a long list of numbers, it's going to take me so long to get through them all.

He's nuts.

As he handed me the paper with the numbers I replied "yes sir."

"Oh and Miss Jordan make this task quick, I don't want to wait all year for a simple task to be completed." He smirked rudely. I couldn't even bring myself to say anything back so I nodded while glaring at him and headed to my office.

This man is rude, no wonder he's personal assistants leave. He works them like slaves and treats them with no or little respect. A please or a thank you doesn't cost you anything.

It was 1:30pm, that only means one thing..... lunch time.

I walk out my office. "Where do you think your going?" Came the gruff voice of Mr.Carter.

"It's lunch time Mr Carter, I'm going for lunch."

"I haven't told you, you can go. Have you finished calling the numbers?"

"No sir, there's a few that didn't answer the phone so I will ring back after my lunch."

"Make sure you do and remember to be back in an hour."

I thought he was gonna give me a big lecture about asking him permission to go on my lunch but nothing. I headed towards the lift and bumped into Stef who was also going for lunch.

"Hey Addison, you on your lunch break?" Stef asked.

"Hey Stef, yes I am. Are you?" I asked back.

"Yes, come I'll take you to a really nice restaurant nearby if you want." She said smiling.

"Yeah sure I don't really know my way round New York yet."

We entered a friendly looking restaurant. A waiter came over and seated us in a booth next to the window. I and Stef spoke about ourselves so we could get to know each other a bit more. She was really nice. We had finished eating and headed back to Carter Inc. Once we had reached the 30th floor we said our goodbyes.

I entered my office and found Mr Carter sitting at my desk with a face like thunder.

"You're late, where have you been?" He asked me in a demanding tone.

"I was on my lunch break and technically I'm not late because it's 2:26 and my lunch isn't over till 2:30." I replied turning my phone round so he could see the time. I had to prove him wrong because I wasn't late and he's just looking for any reason to be rude.