Chapter 5

Addison's Pov

Mr Carter went to my office and got my laptop and other bits and brought them back to my office. "You can work in my office for the rest of the day while the cleaners clean up in there, it's a bit of a mess."

We got everything ready for the business lunch. Mr Carter had all his notes that he needed after we spent so much time doing extra research. He explained that Mr Holland will always push for what he wants but if a better offer comes out of something he will go in that direction.

Because we had all the commotion this morning we had both missed our break.

"Would you like a cup of tea before we go to this business lunch?" I asked Mr Carter.

"Yes, that would be nice." He smiled.

I walked to the break room and made a tea for Mr Carter and made myself a cup of hot chocolate. Carrying both cups I walked back to the office. I placed Mr Carter's tea on his desk and sat in the chair behind his desk to drink mine.

"I've never seen you with a hot drink since you started. What have you got?"

"I have to be in the mood for a hot drink. I really fancied a hot chocolate so that's what it is."

"I haven't had hot chocolate for a while. Can I try it?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah sure" I smiled getting up and handing him my cup.

"It's nice but my mum used to make it better." He said handing me back my cup giving me a sad smile. "Anyway its 1:00pm we need to get going." He said changing the subject before I could say anything back.

From that moment I couldn't get what he said out my head regarding his mum. 'She used to.' It got me thinking about whether he's mum was alive or not. It also made me think about my mum and how much I missed her even though I never got to meet her or know her. I had pictures of her but that's about it.

We walked into his private elevator and went down to the underground parking. We stepped out of the elevator, I couldn't see the limousine. "Where's the limo?" I asked confused.

"I'm driving us in my car. Is that ok?" He asked smirking.

"That is completely fine with me." I smiled.

I followed him to his car. The excitement radiating off of me because of his car. A black matte Lamborghini that looked so much like a batmobile . I knew he would have a beautiful car because he has the money to afford it but I don't know what I was expecting.

"I take it you are impressed?"

"Yes I am."

"Good.... get in, let's go." He smiled opening the passenger door for me.

I got in thanking him, he shut my door and walked round to the drivers side and got in. He had one of those hanging smelly things to make the car smell nice and that's exactly what it did. It smelt like coconut which I like so I had no complaints about the smell. The inside of the car was gorgeous. The seats were red leather that made it look more expensive. I couldn't wait to be able to afford a car.

"Do you drive Addison?"

I looked at him in shock that he said my name as we are technically still working and we were only on first name basis out of work.

"What? Yeah we are working but we aren't in the building." He said smiling. That smile had my knees go weak, good job I was sitting down.

I smiled in return to his answer. "I can drive, I have my licence but I haven't got a car because right now I can't afford one."