Chapter 25

Brax's Pov

It had been a couple of weeks since what happened in my office with Addy's father. He was given forty years in prison. There was no court case as he pleaded guilty of all charges against him. Considering all Addy had been through at the hands of her father she had coped really well. Don't get me wrong she had her moments where she blamed herself, she still does but I've told her and I will continue to tell her that her fathers actions are his and only his. It wasn't her fault, none of it was.

I was allowed back into my office a week after what had happened and decided to redecorate the whole room that included the walls, desk. Everything was changed. I was going to change it anyway but with what had happened in my office it gave me more of a reason to do sooner rather than later.

It was now a week and a half before Addy's birthday. I was getting bits ready for how I was going to tell her we were going away on a break to celebrate her birthday. I needed this break and I'm sure Addy did too. I was going to take her out for a meal and give her the tickets to our holiday destination once we had eaten our main meal just before our deserts.

I booked a table at the restaurant I wanted to take her to. Trying to get a table at The Ivy was difficult. It was a very well known, sought after restaurant. With my reservations booked, I began to plan how I would present the tickets to her. Obviously I was just going to give her the tickets but I wanted to wrap them in a box that was wrapped in birthday paper.

It was finally Friday which meant it was date night for myself and Addy. I had told her we were going out for a meal but didn't tell her where we were going as I wanted to surprise her with that as well. Addy had told me plenty of times before how much she would love to have a meal at The Ivy. And she would finally get to have that experience on me.

Reservations at The Ivy were for 8:00pm and I know Addy would want to get prepped and primed for our night so I let her have a half day at work. Nate came and got her half an hour ago for their spa afternoon all expenses paid by me. I wanted to spoil Addy as she truly deserved to be spoilt. However she did have a bit of a moan saying she could pay for them at the spa. I of course know she can pay for herself but I wanted to pay for her and Nate to enjoy time together doing something that Addy very rarely does for herself.

I wanted to treat Nate for being such an amazing friend to Addy. He had helped so much these last couple of months, helping both Addy and I with the situation with her father. I know as a best friend he would be there for Addy but he had also been there for me when he didn't have to be which I truly appreciated. So my way of saying thank you was treating them both to a spa experience.

As I was settled at my desk the office phone started ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello, this is Carter Inc. How may I help you?"

There was no reply. I repeated myself. Still no answer just heavy breathing down the phone. I repeated myself one more time and still there was no answer. I hung up the phone and continued with setting up for a meeting that was in fifteen minutes. Stef would be in the meeting with me to replace Addy and take notes for me.

I was sat in the meeting room waiting for Mr and Mrs Copeland when Stef walked in with them. I was shocked to see who had walked into the meeting room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Please just hear us out Brax. It's important." Dave said holding his hands up in front of his chest.