Chapter 7

Addison's Pov

************
Dream

"ADDISON-ROSE!" My dad yelled my name from downstairs. I knew I was in for double trouble when he said my name like that.

"Yes C-Charlie."

"GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!" He beckoned. He's voice was full of so much hate.

"Yes Charlie." I said as I ran downstairs and approached the room he was in.

"I thought I told you to take all the damn rubbish out and clean up?" I could smell the alcohol on his breath and there were cans everywhere.

"I was going to but we haven't got any bags to put the rubbish in so I was going to go and get some today and then clean up." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear me.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHETHER WE HAD BAGS OR NOT. WHEN I ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING, YOU FUCKING DO IT!" He spat at me, anger written all over his face.

"I'm sorry Charlie, I will go to the shops now and get the bags to clean up."

"Sorry isn't good enough!"

Before I knew it he had punched me straight in the face then punched me in the stomach and kicked my feet from underneath me so I fell to the floor with a hard thud. He grabbed me by my hair roughly so I was looking at him.

"YOU ARE A FUCKING WASTE OF BREATH! YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET!"

I tried so hard to blink back my tears. I didn't want them to fall while he's screaming in my face as it will give him more of a reason to beat me.

He picked me up and threw me against the wall. I'm sure I heard some bones crack. He started kicking me and punching me. I was trying so hard not to scream at the pain he was causing.

End of dream.
*****************

I woke up sweating profusely and breathing heavily. Tears rolling down my cheeks. Even though it was a nightmare it felt so real. I felt like I was back in that moment. I was left trembling, I was so scared.

My father knew what college I was studying at but never once turned up which I was extremely grateful for. Once I had finished college I didn't bother returning home to him. I left the country and changed my number. I didn't want anything to do with him. I'm sure he is probably looking for me so he can release all his anger on me.

I checked my phone to see what the time is and it was 2:30am. I also had a message from Brax that was sent 10 minutes ago. What's he still doing up?

I can't stop thinking about you. ~ Brax

Aww. Go to sleep then you will stop thinking about me. ~ Addison

Why you still awake at this time? ~ Brax

I was asleep. I had a nightmare that woke me up. Why are you still awake? ~ Addison

Hope it wasn't too bad. I can't sleep. ~ Brax

Nothing I can't handle. ~ Addy