Chapter 21

Addison's Pov

I woke up the next morning feeling utterly elated. Something inside me had clicked last night and it was all down to Brax Carter. He made me feel special, whole, complete. He'd made me forget everything that my father had ever done to me and he'd shown me how beautiful and sacred an act of love is. I truly felt properly loved for the first time in my life. A love that I should have felt from my father but didn't because he was a selfish, spiteful, horrid man.

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked away the blurry remains of sleep to see Brax propped up on his elbow, head resting on his hand, hovering above me. He smiled when he saw that I was awake and brushed a stray of hair back from my face with an incredible soft touch.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly, fingers lingering on my face.

"Amazing." I stated. "You made me feel things I never thought I'd be able to feel last night. You've been such a large part of my 'healing' process already and you topped it off last night. Thank you."

Brax stared at me saying nothing.

"What?" I asked as he continued staring without saying a word.

"You truly are the most incredible, amazing woman I have ever met. You're thanking me for last night? I wanted it just as much as you did."

"Yeah but knowing what I have been through, you took such good care of me. You were slow, gentle and you were being so kind, caring, loving and patient." I said as I traced his jaw with my finger tips.

"You needed to know that not all men act the way your father does. And I wanted to be the man that showed you. I love you. I'd do anything for you. I wanted your first time to be right and everything you'd dreamt of."

I blushed as Brax spoke the words to me and looked away, turning my head so Brax couldn't see my face. He placed his fingers under my chin and brought my face back to look him. "You don't have to hide from me anymore baby. You are beautiful Addy and I will do everything in my power to show you how beautiful you are. You deserve the world and I'm going to give you the world." Brax said.

Tears welled up in my eyes at his words. How can someone know all the right words to say. A tear slipped out my eye and rolled down my cheek. Brax softly wiped it away and pressed his lips against mine. Before I'd thought about it, Brax's arms were wrapped tight around my waist as he pulled me against him. Our tongues mingling as we poured every emotion we'd felt over the last few hours into the kiss. I wove my hands through he's hair, pulling him closer to me if that was possible.

We pulled away breathlessly, staring at each other. Brax bought his lips back to mine and we'd spent the morning wrapped around each other making love.

~~~FFMB~~~

We finally had a buyer for Brax's dads home and they were willing to pay the asking price which surprised Brax. He thought that the price was too high as to why it had taken a long time to sell but the estate agent said that with the right person Brax could get the asking price. To which he was absolutely right.

The gentleman who had brought Arthur's house was a local guy who had done business with Arthur while he was alive and ran the business and said that he couldn't see a beautiful house go to waste or go to the wrong people who would most likely trash all the hard work that Arthur had put into it. With the house sold and the money in the bank, Brax could finally grieve his father properly.

"Baby, I'm taking you out to dinner Friday night." Brax smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I wrapped my hands around his neck.