Chapter 23

Addison's Pov

Brax and I had a long day of meetings so we dragged ourselves out of bed to get ready for work. We got to work and went straight to our offices. I went and got us both a hot chocolate from the staff room.

"Thank you beautiful." He smiled as I placed it down on his office desk.

"You're welcome." I smiled as I started walking away.

He grabbed hold of my wrist and pulled me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist and placing his lips on mine. He traced my bottom lip with his tongue and I opened my mouth granting him access. We both moaned as our tongues danced with each other's. We pulled away breathlessly.

"What was that for?" I asked as I stared into his eyes.

"No reason, beautiful. I just wanted to kiss you." He smiled as he leaned in towards my lips again. Just as our lips touched, his office phone rang.

With a sigh he answered the phone. It was Stef informing him that the first meeting clients had arrived. With a chaste kiss, I got up off his lap and we headed to the meeting room for our first of many meetings for the day.

Brax and I both came out of that meeting disappointed, indecisive and irritated. Mr Benson was demanding we help with something both of us thought would be a waste of time, resources and money plus it didn't help that his pa was looking at me like I was a piece of steak that he would devour in seconds. We walked into my office, sighing. Brax pulled me to him and kissed me so hard to try and get rid of the image of Mr Bensons pa's eyes that were roaming all over me. Which I was so grateful for.

The rest of the morning meetings weren't as bad as the first one but they were still disappointing. I had, had enough of today already and just wanted it to be over. The afternoon meetings were exactly the same as this mornings meetings. It had already been a long day and it was going to be an even longer evening as Brax and I had to stay at work later than normal to write up and file all the meetings we've had today as we didn't have time after each meeting to do it due to them being non stop.

My stomach started rumbling like I was harvesting grizzly bears in there. Looking at the clock on the wall in my office I saw that it was 6:45 pm. No wonder my stomach was rumbling. I hadn't eaten anything since 12:30pm. I got up and headed to Brax's office to see if he wanted me to go and get some dinner, which he agreed to.

I left the building with Stef who was still also working. She had come back from a few days off and her replacement had muddled everything up on the system hence why she was working late.

"What do we fancy?" I asked her as we made our way out of the building.

"I fancy Chick-Fill-A?" She smiled.

Brax and I liked the food from Chick-Fill-A so I agreed and we headed there.

"How's everything between you and Brax?" Stef asked.

"Everything's going really well. He is just amazing." I smiled.

"I'm glad to hear it. Has there been any word from the police yet?"

"No, nothing but I know he is here in New York. I'm still getting the flowers and the notes that the police have as evidence but there's not been one sighting of him as of yet. I know he's waiting for the perfect moment to strike." I replied.

My father was still out there evading the police. Apart from the notes and flowers there's been nothing else. It scares me to think he is here watching me and ready to strike at any moment. I just hope the moment he chooses to strike, I won't be on my own. I know what my father is capable of and I would hate for somebody else to be in the mix of that. He's an angry, bitter man who will unleash his anger on anyone that gets in his way.