Chapter 8

Addison's Pov

I put some pasta on while I got changed into my pyjamas. I couldn't stop thinking about what Arthur had said to me at the hospice. Do I really risk a relationship with Brax or do I just try and remain his friend after all he is my boss. Yes I know it's he's company and blah blah blah but I was still so unsure.

Don't get me wrong.... yes I fancied the ass off of him and to tell you the truth I was falling in love with him but with him being my boss I had that nagging feeling telling me it isn't going to end well. He's dad was being so genuine and so real. He put things into perspective but I just didn't know what to do for the best.

Stop overthinking things Addy.

I definitely needed to stop over thinking otherwise I would drive myself crazy. I did like him, I did want to be with him if he'd have me but there was so much to think about.

I added some pasta sauce to my pasta and got comfy with a dvd and ate my food. Half way through the film I received a text message from Brax.

Thank you for today, it meant a lot :) ~ Brax

You're welcome :) ~ Addy

I looked at the time, it was 10:30pm, i got myself into bed and fell asleep.

************

I woke up to my alarm yelling at me telling me it was time to get up. Yes it was yelling at me especially when you really don't want to get out of bed and it's like it's warning you to get up or else. I slowly rolled myself out of bed, sorted myself out and jumped in the shower. I got dressed, done my make up and hair and was ready to leave for work.

I got into work and did my usual routine. I put my coat and bag in my office, turned my laptop on then went to the break room to make Mr Carter's cup of tea. I said good morning to Stef as I was walking to the break room.

Walking into Mr Carter's office I placed his cup of tea on his table. He turned his head in my direction and smiled that beautiful smile of his. "Thank you Miss Jordan." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes smiling. "You're welcome Mr Carter."

"What do you need me to do this morning?" I asked.

"Well for starters you can give me a hug because I haven't had one this morning." He smiled holding his arms open wide. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist as he did my shoulders. "That's better."

"These emails need to be added to the right contacts on the laptop. These files need to be filed and could you set me up meetings with this list of people please. Once that's done come back and I will tell you what needs to be done next." He said handing me the files.

"Yes sir." I said as I grabbed the files from his hand and turned to walk out of his office.

I got closer to the door when he stopped me. "Wait a second."

I turned round as he got up and walked towards me.

"I haven't done this yet."

"What?"

He pushed me up against his office door, cupped my cheek in his hand and kissed me gently on the lips. He started nibbling on my bottom lip wanting entrance so I granted him access. The kiss was deep and full of passion. We pulled away breathless, staring into each other's eyes. He leaned is forehead on mine and said "that."

Smiling I returned to my office. If my work day consists of the odd kisses here and there then so be it. As much as I was scared to get into this with my boss, it felt right between us as two people not as boss and assistant. After that kiss I came to the conclusion that I would love to be in a relationship with him but that's something we needed to talk about. Neither of us has mentioned anything about a relationship.