Chapter 15

Addison's Pov

After having a whole week off work with Brax, I didn't want to go back to work today but unfortunately as an adult I had adult responsibilities. All I wanted to do was stay wrapped up in the bubble that Brax and I had made for ourselves.

We had kept our promise to Arthur and visited him everyday and everyday was harder than the day before as we didn't know if that would be the last time we would see him. He was deteriorating faster than we could have imagined and it was heartbreaking to see. I couldn't even fathom what Brax was going through seeing his father deteriorating and this wasn't the first time he had witnessed someone dying of cancer. He had gone through this eleven years ago at the tender age of thirteen when he witnessed he's mother dying of the same disease he's father is dying of. My heart truly went out to Brax.

I begrudgingly dragged myself off to the bathroom to sort myself out for work. After getting showered and dressed I walked back into the bedroom to find a handsome looking Brax tying his tie.

"God, you're so handsome in a suit." I smirked as I ogled my boyfriend.

"Hmmmm.... I'm glad someone likes the monkey suit." He said rolling his eyes. "Me, I like comfy clothing and this" he said pointing to his attire. "This is not comfortable. Jeans and a shirt any day over this."

"You're the boss, can't you change the dress code?" I asked him.

"I can but I need to look my best for meetings and such so this dress code is suitable." He said pointing between our work clothes.

"I'm not complaining." I smirked kissing Brax's lips. He smacked my bottom as I walked out of the bedroom.

Getting to work we rode the lift to our floor. Stef greeted me with a hug saying she was happy to have me back. I walked into my office and saw a bunch of flowers on my desk, I found a card inside the flowers and read it.

I warned you what would happen if you didn't come back to me whore. I'm watching you and I will get you! The last face you will ever see is mine and that's a fucking promise bitch.

After I read it my stomach turned, running to the bathroom I hurled back my breakfast I had eaten prior to getting here. I swirled some water in my mouth and made my way back to my office where Brax was pacing inside with his phone to his ear with an angry look on his face. He relaxed when he saw me gathering me in his arms.

"I'm so sorry baby. The police are on the way here to deal with this." He said holding me close. He held me as we walked into his office through the joining door. He sat down on the sofa in his office pulling me into his lap where he held me as I cried.

"Mr Carter the police are here." Stef said as she poked her head around the door.

"Send them in. Thank you Stef." He nodded.

I was a mess. I couldn't control my shaking, I couldn't control my tears. He had found me, he was watching me and he was going to kill me. Brax lifted me off his lap and placed me on the sofa as he got up to greet the police. He took them into my office to the flowers and note that was left. As they knew who they were from they didn't need to do any dna work on them but they bagged them as evidence.

"Miss Jordan, we are so sorry you received the flowers and the note. We will do everything we can to get him." One of the officers said. I nodded my head not trusting my voice. Brax spoke with them while I sat there numb. Five words rang through my head on repeat like a broken record.

He's going to kill me!

"We will be in touch Mr Carter. In the meantime if anything else happens here are our personal numbers where you can reach us." With a shake of the hands the officers left the office.