Chapter 16

Addison's Pov

I dropped my stuff into my office before walking into Brax's office. We had a meeting this morning with a company who were looking to expand their business. The meeting with Olivia's parents was after lunch which I was not looking forward to.

"I need you to write everything down beautiful especially the key points about what they want to do to expand." Brax said as he was gathering his laptop and some files from the company. I nodded in response while in search of a spare pencil on Brax's desk, finding one we headed to the meeting room on our floor. We got everything ready for the meeting.

"I'm going to get a bottle of water. Do you want anything?" I asked him.

"Water please Adds." He smiled.

I left the meeting room and came back with two bottles of water for us. "Thank you beautiful." He said as I handed him a bottle. He tugged on my hand and held me close to his chest, my arms banded around his waist. "Stop stressing about the meeting with Olivia's parents. It's going to be fine." He said into my hair.

I pulled my head back looking up at him. "I'm sorry." I whispered. "I just.... I feel like there going to rip into me saying that I'm not good enough for you."

"Baby you are good enough for me. In fact you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and whatever their opinion is of you, if it's not great, it isn't the same opinion as mine. We will be together and I will have your back beautiful." He said kissing my lips. Just as the kiss was deepening there was a soft knock on the door.

With a quick kiss to my lips Brax went to open the door and I sat down at the huge table in the room. A man and a woman walked in after being greeted by Brax. Introductions were made and the meeting commenced. I wrote down all of the important things that were being said and put my input in as well. I couldn't let Brax do all the work and to be honest we made a great team, sharing our ideas. It was like we had the same vision for their expanding company but both of us had a few extra twists that everyone was happy about. Three hours and five written pages later, the meeting came to an end. The four of us were extremely happy with the outcome.

"You did amazing beautiful girl." Brax smiled as he sat down next to me grabbing my hand and kissing my palm.

"So did you. We were so in sync with our ideas." I said smiling back.

"Yeah it's quite scary how in sync we were." He laughed. I laughed along with him. "Anyway that meeting has made me hungry. How about you?" He asked brushing his thumb over my knuckles.

"Starving." I sang.

We packed up the meeting room and took everything back to our offices before heading towards the cafe for some lunch. As we walked there hand in hand I had a strong feeling we were being watched, I felt uneasy. Making our way into the cafe that feeling left me and I tried to forget about it for now. If I had that feeling on the way back to work I will tell Brax.

We dug into our lunches. I had a jacket potato with cheese, beans, coleslaw and a side salad and Brax had a jacket potato with chilli.

"I need to get my stuff from my apartment if you still want me to move in." I said hoping he hadn't changed his mind about me moving in.

"Of course I still want you to move in Adds. Have you got enough clothes to last till the weekend?" He asked.

"Yes I have enough clothes till then." I smiled.

"Good. We will clear out your apartment the weekend then." He said with a huge grin on his face.

Once we had finished lunch and Brax had paid even though I said I would pay, we headed out of the cafe. Walking back to Carter Inc. I had the same feeling of someone watching us. I shuddered as I held Brax's hand tighter. He noticed something was up. "What's the matter beautiful?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.