29

"Would you like to go out to dinner sometime?"

A flood of color rose in his cheeks. That was the first time he had ever asked you out to somewhere. He was unable to ask you something like this before, as he feared that you might give him an unwanted answer that would hurt his own feelings.

"Just the two of us?" You questioned.

The moment he wanted to open his mouth up to reply, that was when your dad suddenly showed up behind you. He broke into a cold sweat in the face because of your dad's intense gaze.

"O-of course not! Jungkook, Taehyung, Yoonji and all of the hyungs are going! And I'm inviting Daniel too! Mr. Kang, you can also join us!" Jimin said with a fake wide smile that spread across his face.

He grew even more nervous when he suddenly approached the two of you.

"When?"

"On the last day of this month, Saturday night. My treat." He responded fast.

Your dad nodded his head and shrugged without thinking much, "I guess, I'm free on that day."

After that, he walked away. Inviting your dad out to the dinner, wasn't part of his plan.

Jimin regretted asking you out that early. If only he waited a little bit longer, he could have save his money. Now, he had to prepare himself to treat more than ten people for a fancy dinner. Guess, he couldn't go for clothes shopping for the dinner.

"Jimin. Park Jimiiiin?" You called his name for the fifth time and finally managed to bring him back to the present.

"Sorry, what?" He stared at you in confusion for a few seconds, as if he had just awoken from a slumber.

"I said, I'm going to the dinner." You laughed looking at his funny face.

"Oh, okay. I'll tell you more about the dinner. Bye." He waved his hand to you and made his way out in a hurry.

~~~

Two weeks passed really quick and Jimin only had a week left before his scheduled flight. However, he didn't get to talk to you a lot cause of Jihoon. Each day, he would come to the cafe with you and Daniel.

That morning, Yoongi was quietly watching Jimin making tea.

"You don't talk much with Seren these days." He suddenly said which instantly stopped his movement. He felt like he just got his mind read.

"It can't be helped, we are both busy. Plus, that Wink Boy gets in the way a lot." He rolled his eyes in frustration before continuing,

"And, we're not improving anything. I haven't moved out, yet I feel like we are drifting apart."

Seeing how frustrated he looked, Yoongi knew, that he had another problem to overcome. He knew something else must have been making him that troubled.

"Jimin-ah, did something happen at your home?"

Once again, Jimin froze in his spot. Did he really read his mind? Slowly, his eyes trailed up and met his.

"Hyung, my dad is thinking to get married again. He said he needs someone to take care of him and love him. Though it's been years since the divorce, I don't wanna see him with another woman other than my mom. Am I not giving him enough love?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

Jimin was a bit relieved that he could finally talk about it to someone. He realized that it took some weights off his shoulders. Not completely though, but he felt better indeed.

"Did your mom know about this?"

He nodded, "I talked to her over the phone, but she doesn't care. Am I the only one who doesn't want him to remarry?"

He put two cups of tea on the tray then left to serve the teas to Daniel and you. Yoongi sighed, wondering if he had some other problems that he kept to himself.

Daniel was talking to Jin near the counter, leaving you all alone at the table. After checking his reflection on the mirror and made sure that he looked good, he slowly approached you to serve the tea. Then, he sat down across from you just like usual.

"Jimin-ah, Daniel and I won't be coming here tomorrow until this Saturday." You said, making him stared at you unblinkingly. His eyes were already asking for an explanation.

"Why?"

"Our company has a huge project at Sokcho. There will be a new resort there. So we're staying around that area for one week."

"What about the dinner?"

"We'll be free on that night."

There was a long silence afterward and Jimin didn't look that happy after hearing the unexpected news.

"Okay then, as long as you're coming." He put his elbow on the table and lazily rested his chin on his palm.

"You're not mad, right?"

"Nope," he shook his head, but his mouth curled into a bitter smile.

"But it would be a lie if I say that I'm not disappointed. These days, you spent a lot more time with that Wink Boy. Imma be honest, I'm jealous. Seren, you know that Busan is very far from this small town. That's why, I hope I can spend a lot more time with you while I'm still here." He said, eyes not on you but the window. He didn't have the guts to let it out while looking into your eyes.

"Don't you... hope for the same?"

"Of c--"

"Jimin-hyung! Where did you put my golden cup again?" Jungkook shouted from the kitchen.

"Aish. Inside of the cabinet!"

"Which one! But I guess you didn't put that on a high place because you can't even reach up there, right?"

"Did you really have to say that out loud?" He stood up in embarrassment and ran into the kitchen to give him the golden cup he was searching for.

"Of course I'm hoping for the same." You mumbled to yourself.

"Are you done? It's almost 8." Daniel informed.

You finished the tea in a rush and left the cafe with him. Not too long after that, Jimin returned but sadly, he was too late. He sat there by himself and sighed.

Jimin was staring at the empty cup when suddenly, his eyes caught something on the table. It was your phone. There was a new message from Wink Boy greeting you good morning. He wanted to send a reply but the phone was locked.

"What's with that irritated look on your face?" Taehyung laughed as he sat down across from him.

"That Wink Boy is flirting with her. I'm going out for a while to return this phone to Seren." He stood up and rushed to the door.

But then before he could even touch the door, it was abruptly opened from the other side, revealing your panic face. You almost hit his cute face with the door.

"Seren? Ah, you must be here to get this." He quickly handed you the phone.

You beamed and took the phone from his hand, "Thank you, Jimin! I love you!"

After that, you left in a hurry.

"No problem. I love you t— wait what?"

"Woooo someone is blushing so hard!" Hoseok teased as he slung his arm around the speechless Jimin.

"He is happyyyyy." They surrounded him and teased him for 24/7.