Chapter 39

"This is my fight song. Take back my life song. Prove I am alright song!" A gentle deep voice sang in my ear as I slowly started to reach consciousness. The voice suddenly stopped singing and I felt a cool air in my ear. I turned my head to the direction of the air was suddenly met with a minty scent and that's when I realised.

Someone was blowing on me.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw James leaning towards me. He was very close. I moved my head away so he was facing my ear.

"Where am I?" I asked James as I looked around the unfamiliar room.

"My place. I would have taken you back to your block but I wasn't sure exactly where you were staying so I decided to keep you here until you woke up."

I sat myself up on the bed. "Why were you singing in my ear?"

"You heard that?"

"Well yh," he anxiously ran his fingers through his hair. "As weird as this is about to sound Michelle I once watched a video were a girl sang into an unconscious girls ear and she woke up so I thought why not try it with you," now that is what you call the power of music.

I looked up at James and he stared at me for a while before saying the words I dread the most. "I told you so," I looked down at my hands. "I told you so Michelle. I guess I was wrong about you crying in my car and being drunk. A stupid paparazzi drops his heavy camera on you because he was holding it above your head."

Just then his phone starts ringing.

"Great it's the stupid paparazzi
company. Let me deal with this Michelle." James picks up the phone and walks over to the window.

So is it really over between me and Jack?

I lean back towards the headboard as I remember Jack kissing Samantha. He looked willing to kiss her. It didn't look forced and the worst part of all is that Jack never saw I saw so maybe he went all the way with her.

Why are you bothered Michelle? It's not like it's a real relationship. You can do what you want too.

I smiled at my thought. 

This means that I can have a good excuse to start my relationship with James and get him to confess to marking my exams unfairly and the reason for his actions. Maybe it's for the best I am away from Jack.

James ended his phone call and I smiled at him as he came near. "James is it possible for you to drop me at my block. I will show where I live," he smiled at me before nodding.

"Are you feeling better?" I got out of bed as i said 'yes'. I picked up my bag and followed James out.

***

"Michelle Williams could be pregnant! The paparazzi have noticed Michelle looking emotional and wobbly on her feet these days. Michelle and Jack have been dating for a month now so it could be possible that our black beauty is going to birth her own child."

"Michelle William was hit on the head with a big camera by paparazzi
Yesterday evening after trying to leave her partners place. Witnesses said outside of Jacks house was flooded with Camera men and that the incident didn't have to happen if the paparazzi were smart enough to give Michelle some space."

"Inside sources said that Jack and Michelle have broken up which is what led to Michelle leaving the family gathering early. This hasn't been the first time Michelle has left a family gathering. Have Jack and Michelle been arguing lately?"

Michelle this. Michelle that. Michelle. Michelle. Michelle. I am sick and tired of hearing about this Michelle girl. I pushed my laptop away not being able to believe that I am the girl being discussed.

I ignored the thoughts about this and decided to concentrate a lot on my target. James.

My main plan is trust. I need him to trust me. The fact that he saved me from being stomped to death is possibly the sexiest thing any guy has done for me!

Note my sarcasm.

I texted James that I still want to go over to his place this week and he texted me that we can meet tomorrow evening which is brilliant. I played the recording of our phone call and laughed at the thought of this being played for the authorities to listen to.

I got my textbook and started to read through my notes. I had an 2 exam in 3 days so I needed to get prepared for it. I went through my notes quickly and ignored my phone ringing. I went over my notes repeatedly until I couldn't take it anymore.

I knew it all by heart. 

I was ready to be tested but unfortunately I had wait for 3 days to pass.

I went and made myself a bowl of cornflakes to eat. Yes I am having cornflakes in the afternoon and I don't care. I would go for a jog but I don't need anyone dropping their cameras on my head or any one asking me sensitive questions.

As I was preparing my cereal Skylar popped out of no where.

"Hey Michelle how is life?"

"Well it's okay. How about you?"

"I almost froze to death," she said as she rubs her arm.

"How come?"

"My heater went off and because it was on I went to bed in shorts and a sheet. It went of while I was sleeping."

I smiled as I gave Skylar a pat on her shoulder.

"You aren't a supposed to go to bed in shorts in this weather. You have to wear warm pajamas."

Skylar looked down in sadness. "I don't really have warm pajamas," she looks down at her hands. I turn to look at my empty bowl and cornflakes box. I want to eat. I turn to Skylar before saying "Let me eat my cornflakes and then we can go primark together." Skylar jumped up in down in excitement as I laughed and made my cereal.

Remember. I go atmosphere.

"Did you miss breakfast or something?" I let out a sign before answering Skylar's question.

"Well I was unconscious the whole of yesterday evening and this morning," Skylar looked at me side ways.

"This is why you never drink the punch in parties,"

"Trust me it was something bigger which knocked me out." I winked at Skylar and her eyes widened in horror. I am going to need to explain to her later about how I got knocked out by a camera.