Chapter 53 (My Last ball ever!)

Mrs Lee had left for the ball and instructed me to wait for Jack in the living room. Nicole kept me company and was asking questions here and there.

"So how is Jack like?"

"He is kind and funny."

"Awww that's so cute," I smile at her reaction. Nicole then leans forward with a serious look.

"Have you and Jack done it yet?"

"Done what?" Nicole wiggles her eyebrows and I instantly understand her.

What do I say? Is it expected for us to have done that?

I thought of a smart answer to this. "I prefer not to say," Nicole laughs at me as I start to feel uncomfortable. Just then there is a knock on the door. Nicole let's out a squeal before rushing to the door. I hear Nicole talking quietly before shouting out to me "It's time Michelle,"

I got up from my seat before putting on the ring Jack once gave me. I went to the door where Nicole was and saw a man in a black suit with a bow tie. He held his arm out for me and I took it before giving Nicole a awkward smile. She rubbed my back as I walked away with the man. He gently led me down the steps and to a white car. He opened the back door before allowing me inside. I thanked him before getting in only to see one person I was hoping not to see.

James. "What are you doing here?" I ask slightly annoyed that I was seeing him.

"You don't seem happy that I am here," he moves closer to me which makes me want to consider jumping out of the moving car.

"Well think about it carefully James would I be happy to see you after what you have doing," he places his hand on my thigh and I reach to move his hand away only for him to place back on my thigh but higher.

"Can you stop?"

"I haven't don't anything yet."

"Your hand-"

"-I mean with grades," James leans forward and whispers in my ear.

"They can always be changed. I have the power to do anything," I moved closer to the door if it is possible and pushed him away again.

"I said I don't want to do anything with you James," He leaned back onto his seat and smiled.

"You seemed interested before unless...you tried to outsmart me," I rolled my eyes but held onto my phone tightly. He has found out that I only took an interest in him for evidence.

I am screwed.

I tried to look normal but my hands were shaking.

"I know your smart but I never knew you had a devious side to you," ignore him Michelle you have a ball to go to.

James leaned forward and continued talking "I always win Michelle trust me on that one," I carried on looking forward and pretended that I am on my own. Soon we got to the place which looked different from before so I am assuming we are in a different location. Once the driver parked the car James quickly got out and rushed over to my side and opened the door for me.

I didn't say thank you when I got out and James closed the door behind me. The driver didn't get out of the car but gave James a signal which he returned back.

"What does that mean?" I ask James. He looked at me surprised that I had notice the signal.

"Oh right that just means see you later. I do to all the drivers. Well our drivers." James held out his arm for me to take and I shook my head. "I wouldn't try anything this time. Just take my arm it's traditional for a woman to do this," I took his arm as we walked into the ball. The place was very full so James took me to the table room.