Two ❤️

"Hey mom" Zayn answers the phone.

"Hey son. I'm going to pick you up from school today so start walking." His mom explained.

"Okie dokie. Love you" Zayn replies, a smile on his face that completely washed away when his mom hung up without saying it back. He sighed and began walking down the trail he usually walks after school. The boys mom said to begin walking, so he just assumed he would pick him up at the nearby gas station.

Suddenly the black haired boys iphone 6 vibrated in his back pocket.

"Hello ?" He answered.

"Where the hell are you ? I told you I was picking you up !" His mothers voice rang in his ears.

"I'm on the trail mom ! You told me to start walking !" Zayn said back, trying to keep a leveled voice. He knew otherwise his mom would be more angry.

"You mean your on the trail where I can't pick you up ?! You idiot ! I'm not trying to play tag !" Trish's voice boomed through the line. The small boy gulped, knowing his day was ruined.

"I-I'm sorry mom. I'll s-stop at the gas station." The tan boy cried.

"The gas station ?! That's like a mile away ! Thanks for ruining my day Zayn !" She hung up with those last words. The raven haired boy boy his cheeks, not daring to let a tear fall. Not yet. He rounded the corner to the gas station and shakily waited for his scary mother.

"Get in the damn car." His mother said in a stern tone upon arriving. Zayn walked quickly to the passenger side of his mother's car. He saw his two younger sisters in the backseat. They looked scared for him.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you" Trish lowly chuckled. She clenched the steering wheel in anger before turning to Zayn and smacking him multiple times. The slaps just got harder causing Zayn to whimper. She pulled his hair multiple times and lay a few punches to his stomach.

In the end Zayn was a bloody crying mess, which earned him a 'suck it up' from his mother, who didn't even bother to look at him.

Once they reached their small house only a couple streets down from the school, Trish didn't let the poor boy go that easily. She continued to lecture him on his stupidity and how abnormal he was. She made sure to include how every normal person would have handled that situation rather than him.

But don't forget about the hitting, punching , kicking, or anything of that sort.

That didn't stop.

But Zayn, being the strong lad he is, held in his tears until his mother's two hour beating was over. He limped to his room, new scars and bruises slowly reaching his shuddering body.

Not only was he in physical pain, so much physical pain, but it hurt to know how cruel his mother is. He kept rethinking some of the scenes over and over again until he was practically sobbing. Wishing for something better. Selfish of him, right ?

About 20 minutes of solid sobbing until Zayn heard a small, scared sounding, knock on his door. He tried to bring himself to answer it, to do something, but he just couldn't. He began feeling numb. This was routine for him.

The mystery visitor took it upon themselves to enter the crying boy's room.

"Z-Zaynie ?" A small, female voice spoke. Zayn sniffled a little before forcing his head up to meet eyes with little Safaa.

"Safaa." He tried acting tough, aggressively wiping his tears and forcing himself to a somewhat sitting up position. The small girl in the door way slowly made her way to the small mattress on the floor, sitting cross cross across from Zayn. Safaa didn't really understand why Zayn had such a small bed, though he was older than both girls combined. The girls both have large beds with pretty blankets and pillows. Zayn had a small gray mattress, used, dirty, and slept with a gray sheet with stains on it. Did mommy not like Zayn as much ? No that's ridiculous.

"Mommy hurt you ?" The six year old said, her small light hands exploring her older brothers bruised and semi-bloody face. Zayn showed no emotion. Yeah, he should be happy about the fact his sister cares, but he feels nothing. He feels numb.

"Yeah" The 17 blankly stated, slowly pushing Safaa's hand away. "She did didn't she ?". Safaa nodded, a pout on her small lips.

"Why does Zayn have a bad bed ? Waliyah and me have pretty beds." The six year old spoke her mind. Zayn lightly chuckled, giving the smallest ounce of emotion. He rubbed his trembling thumb against the innocent little girls face before speaking a lie, for his sister's sake.

"Mommy is getting Zaynie a good bed soon. Don't worry little one." It hurt. It hurt to lie to his sister about such small things. He knew damn well this was the best bed he was going to get for a while. It also hurt to know that. Trish didn't want him. She only wanted daughters, in which she could spoil and teach them all the girly things. She didn't want a boy.

Safaa nodded her hyper little head before planting a small kiss on Zayn's bruised nose. "All better ?" She let curiosity ask.

"All better."

-

"And then- and then she just- she just jumped off the bathroom sink and cut her cheek and f-foot all f-for a video" Harry was wheezing at this point. Niall, him having a signature laugh, used it. Zayn chuckled lightly before finishing his homework on his small bedside table.

The three boys were on a three way video chat app and like usual, The blonde and curly head were getting along with each other rather then Zayn. But the thing is- Zayn didn't even mind. He had become numb to it, especially after what happened that day between him and his mother.

"Josh is calling" Niall mumbles picking up his phone. They had been using their laptops to chat on, so Niall was able to answer his boyfriend.

"Did you eat ? At all today ?" Was exactly what Niall heard, not even a second after answering. The blonde bloke sighed before trying to avoid the rather personal question.

"Josh-" He started, getting stuck.

"You didn't eat. You promised you would Nialler ? Can't I trust you to take care of yourself ? Do I have to treat you like a baby so you can have a normal healthy life ? Come on Niall" The angry boyfriend groaned. Niall put his face in his hands not only because he was embarrassed, but because he was also on video chat with his lads, and he was trying not to cry.

"Y-you said you ate. You said you weren't getting lunch because your fourth period teacher gave you food" Zayn finally spoke up, kind of hurt his best friend lied.

"I-I- Zayn please" Niall began to cry.

"What the hell ? I thought you just didn't like school lunches ?" Harry was completely clueless. From the start.

At this point it was too much for Niall to take in. He ended the three way call leaving his two best friends to chat.

"He doesn't eat ? And you knew ? What the hell Zayn ?" The green eyed lad interrogated.

"H-He didn't t-tell you ? You know he never gets lunch or breakfast, so you just assume he doesn't like it ? That's two out of three meals, plus you never see him snack throughout the day either. I guessed myself." The raven haired bloke reasoned. Harry sighed, rather in an understanding way. "But Josh has been on top of everything with Niall. He's a really good boyfriend ya know ?"

Harry nodded, he was kind of upset his best friend didn't tell him this important information, but he needed to be there for Niall. So that's exactly what he and zayn planned to do. And that's what they discussed for another good hour. Niall. And helping him.

-

woah another update that's so cool 😎 i'm not letting this story go to waste even if i get no reads anyways 🤷‍♀️

idk if this drama is too soon in the story, but everyone always starts the story in the beginning of all they're problems and what not, I'm kind of starting the story where they've all been through stuff and feel stuck, ya know ?

i plan on focusing on harry's life a little bit next chapter :)

sorry for any errors in capitalization, punctuation, grammar, or spelling 💗

message me ! any votes or comments are greatly appreciated ❤️

all the love, m xx

word count : 1449 cool