Twenty Three ❤️

"Hi" Liam said from behind his strawberry milkshake. The small tan boy across from him giggled as he sipped on his vanilla one. "You're beautiful" The paler boy added as he took a small sip.

"You're beautiful." Zayn slightly argued, tapping his slightly long nails on the glass of his cup.

The two boys were on one of their milkshake dates (which was easily an agreed favorite) on the Friday night before Liam's big game. Zayn of course was going with his two best friends to watch the other boys play.

"You're definitely the beautiful one here baby boy, don't sweat it." Liam winked jokingly, causing the small boy to chuckle once again.

"Are you excited for your big game ? It's a big deal Li." Zayn conversated, licking the whipped cream off his milkshake.

"Nervous. Even more nervous knowing you'll be in the audience." Liam lightly laughed, Zayn could tell he was genuinely nervous. The boys had about twenty minutes before they had to be at the game. It would be about an hour before the game actually started, but Liam, Louis, and Josh obviously had to prepare themselves and get ready for the game. So you can just say the other three will get front row seating.

"Don't be. You'll do better with me in the audience." Zayn remarked cockily. He admired Liam as he laughed once again. The way his hair was done to the side, the crinkles by his eyes when he smiled, his grey long sleeved shirt that Zayn loved on him, and everything was just crazy to the bruised boy. Because the perfect man sitting in front of him was his. His boy, his rock, his lover. And it was so hard for Zayn to believe that he had finally escape the trap his mom had set, finally escaped the years of pain and agony. He was finally happy.

With faint bruises on his arms, his mother in jail, father left him, sisters in foster care. Yet he still found a way to be happy. Happier. And Liam was his hero. But everyone knows it, it wasn't a secret. Without Liam he would have never quit bruising or even thought to. Without Liam, his mother would still horribly abuse him daily, 24/7. Without Liam, he might have lost his two best friends, and without them he could have really gone bad. Talking depression, mentally ill, suicide.

So it's safe to say Liam was his savior.

"Are you ready Li ?" The happy boy asked as he looked at his wristwatch, noticing they had to be there soon.

"No." Liam pouted. "I wanna stay here and drink milkshakes with you then go get candy and popcorn and watch a movie at home then cuddle and sleep in tomorrow."

"You know Li, as amazing as that sounds, you're fucking dumb. Let's go win your game."

-
"I'm fuckin nervous."

"Don't be. You'll do perfect and you know it. You've been playing footie since you knew how to ride a bike."

"Niall, this game determines if I keep playing or not. I can't fucking not play anymore, I need football." The muscular boy huffed as he slumped down on the locker room bench.

"Joshua."

"Niall we've been dating for long enough for you to know that's not my na-"

"Joshua you're going to get your ass out there and play and you're going to fucking play hard. Joshy you can get a scholarship! This is what they're looking for. You know you can become famous. Will you buy me a yacht ?" Niall rambled, a hopeful look on his pale face.

Josh cupped Niall's face softly and gazed into his beautiful blue eyes.

"That was the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I'm just trying to get into college." Josh admitted, laughing as his boyfriends face immediately turned into a frown. "Oh shut up and come here" The jock smiled before kissing the fake blondes chap-lipped pout. "M" He said into the kiss. As he pulled away Niall saw the chapstick between his two fingers, and grumbled out of annoyance before angrily applying it, Josh smirking.