Nine ❤️

"Why am I so fucking stupid" Zayn cried, hitting even more times than before he had met Liam. "Why Zayn" He cried harder, hands soaked from all the tears. But he didn't stop.

"O-one for b-being stupid"

"One for b-b-being irrelevant"

"One for spilling t-the c-at f-f-food this morning"

"And a couple more, for falling in love with Liam"

He shakily dropped the hammer after a good 8 more hits. He examined his shaky arms and immediately felt much better. The poor boy sighed as he flipped his arms over, seeing bruises in places he hadn't seen in a while.

He was so fucking dumb. Never been with anyone, then the one person who talks to him other than his two best friends, he fucking falls in love with ? Who does that. He didn't even know what love felt like before Liam.

Not to mention, the other boy definitely doesn't feel the same way. At least Zayn thinks that. He felt for someone who would never love him back.

In Zayn's eyes, Liam was only helping him get better because it was the right thing to do. Not because he genuinely cared. In Zayn's eyes, he was just a test monkey, Liam was just using him to figure out his sexuality. He would never actually get with Zayn. In Zayn's eyes, falling for Liam was wrong. He shouldn't be able to be privileged enough to even think of Liam in that way.

This was wrong.

So wrong, and there was nothing Zayn could do besides bruise. And that's where you'll find him right now.

Currently at the school bathroom, around 3:45 pm.

Liam, Josh, and Louis were still at practice. Harry and Niall still watching cutely. Zayn had excused himself to the bathroom because of what he felt watching Liam. Love. And he needed to fix that. Maybe his hammer would help. His hammer was his overall best friend after all.

So Zayn pulled his black sleeves down, and buttoned his jeans. He tucked his hammer deep in his bag before throwing it over his shoulder, hissing at the pain. He wiped his tears with his sweater paws before heading out with his friends. He slung his backpack on the bottom row of the bleachers, beside Harry and Niall who didn't pay much mind to the Bradford boy. They were focused on cheering their boys.

Zayn caught Liam's eyes for a second and completely regretted it.

Liam showed his what Zayn liked to call, 'neenee smile'. And no one knew why except Liam and Zayn themselves.

The two boys were once just having a mini food fight at lunch, when Liam showed that very smile. Only he noticed the sparkle in Zayn's eye when he showed it. And only he heard Zayn mumble 'neenee' under his breath.

So Liam showed Zayn his neenee smile which caused Zayn's eyes to fill with tears instead of sparkles. And that upset Liam. So he told the coach he needed a breather.

"Baby. Baby come here" Liam immediately called as he ran towards the bleachers, causing both Niall and Harry's attention. Zayn shook his head, tears running freely now. He had makeup stains under his eyes from the eyeliner he tried out. He thought it looked good on him. Liam said it looked amazing on him, but Zayn obviously didn't believe the lad. Because Liam was just trying to be nice.

"No" Zayn choked out, rubbing his eyes and causing his eyeliner to run further down his cheeks. He couldn't let Liam hold him because the bradford boy believed he was worthless and Liam would eventually stop talking to him after he realized his stupid feelings.

As Zayn was thinking to himself, he didn't realize he was being scooped up into familiar biceps.

"No no no neenee stop it" The small boy pouted, fowling attempt to hit Liam's large chest with his small hands causing Liam to laugh softly. And that laugh, the angelic, meaningful, truthful laugh made Zayn melt into Liam's arms, calming down. He was being held bridal style as he looked up to Liam with his watery eyes.