Chpater 16

Chapter 16: Welcome to the Black Order

I hummed Alicia's favorite lullaby as she slept with me in my bed.

About three days passed since i engaged in  Leverrier's proposal against the exorcists and I still felt like shit.

I had my eyes closed as memories of my Judas family passed through my mind.

Despite all of us busting each others chaps and annoying one another and all our bickering...we all loved and cared for one another. As we reincarnated every so often after death we would come together find the newborns...and we would be a happy family. Not even bothering ourselves with the Noah and Earl or Exorcists.

But that was all before Maria came into the picture....

"Che. Stupid woman." I opened my eyes and looked at the fucker who killed my knight and broke two of my ribs.

"Yes girly faced man?" I said.

Wow he looked pissed.

"Now don't start yelling. I carry a sleeping child."

He glared at me with a glad that could just kill and I glared at him teasingly. This continued till Komui walked in. "Sorry miss but please wake up your sister."

"What's going on?" I asked as I slowly nudged the little princess awake. "Lavi explained to us the terms of...the Inspectors deal with you... so now we're going to show you around and take you to your new room."

Alicia woke up groggily and soon a nurse cane to take out the IV from my arm.

Alicia was too sleepy to start walking so I got her on my back. I held her legs at my waist by her knees while she wrapped her arms around my neck. Again she fell asleep on me. I put on the flat shoes that Lenalee lent to me and followed Kanda and Komui out.

"Why does the Girly faced male have to come along?" I pointed to Kanda slightly still keeping my hold on Alicia's back knee.

"Because, stupid woman, if you try escaping I can cut you down...As shown in our fight." I flashed a grin before reverting to a stoic façade. "Tch...That fight was hardly fair." I uttered under my breath. 

"What was that?" He growled.

"You face." I replied in a calm tone.

"What?!"

"Chicken butt." I chuckled.

"Now both of you quit your bickering."

We both turned from glaring at each other then looked at Komui. A large smile on his face. My eyes widening...

"Let's start the tour." He took a sip of his coffee as he started to walk. I followed close behind while Kanda followed leisurely behind me.

After about 25 minutes we had covered the general bases. The Science department, Cafeteria, the Training room introduced to me three days prior, meditation room, Infirmary was already covered before anything, library, and met a few people along the way. Some from the science department and the cook, Jerry. Now we were on our way to mine and Alicia's room.

"So tell me..." I gazed at Komui.

"What happened to you? The injuries given to you were as normal as any human attempt at murder...but you could've easily cut down a human."

I flinched remembering what happened. The terror in my littles princesses voice...

"The woman that has been caring for my family...She grew tired if my disobedience.." I scoffed.

"I had half a mind to kill her then and there..." I growled.

"Why didn't you?" I found Kanda asking.

My eyes widened like saucers. That was the question wasn't it? Why didn't I rip her to shreds? Why didn't I spell her into stabbing herself out of insanity and magic? That was my specialty right? To drive people to insanity with just a few touches or a few words....

"Heh...That's the question isn't it?..." I mumbled.

"I'm not even aware of the answer as to why..." I spoke louder but kept my voice to minimum level so I didn't wake the princess on my back.

We got onto this platform that seemed to hover over the nothingness of the order and we began going upwards. "Your rooms will be at the highest level. The whole floor will be yours."

"Thanks..." I said as I stepped off the platform and onto the floor. "We'll retrieve you for dinner later. Please make yourselves comfortable. You're family now." And with that he and Kanda went down.

My eyes again went wide at the word family as it replayed in my head.

"Familia?..." Alicia mumbled as she Nuzzled her face into my neck.