Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The Broken and Stubborn

Me and Alicia looked around and only found at least 8 doors on this whole floor. Completely different from the 16 that were on all the other floors.

The 8 doors were fairly far spaced from each other and I looked at princess, "You choose the door." Knowing she would just sneak into my bed every night I let her chose what room we were going to share.

She pointed to the one at our far right and I leisurely walked over to it.

"You heard that man too...right?" I asked her lightly. "He said...we're apart if his familia?...right?" I nodded.

I knew we were both thinking the same thing, Who could ever consider us family besides our own kind?

I mean, we were once enemies of not only them but the Noah and Earl. Hell! We're more similar to the Noah than we are human! Never in a million years did we ever think any human, exorcists even, would take us in without any hostility. Granted it was an order by Leverrier but they treated us better than what we expected. Which was hateful glares, disdainful words, maybe a fight or two. but that's not what happened.

No. These people welcomed us with sort if open arms, maybe a glare or two, slight laughs, and called us family.

I slowly came down to my knees and let her down to her feet.

As I slowly came back up straight, she opened the door and walked in.

I followed and whistled at the sight. "This must be bigger than the other exorcists room." I noted as I looked at the large room. It was empty; two large windows made up 75% of the rooms far wall.

"Ne Domi-chan~"

"I got it." I said as I changed out if this form into Domino and my ribbons turned into the hat. I slowly took it off my head and tapped the rim of the white top hat twice.

"Move." was my light command to her as I faced the hat towards the room. All of a sudden, a bright pink light filled the room and The soon dissipated.

We both watched as the light disappeared into nothing and left Alicia's room in its wake. And what I mean by that is everything that was in Alicia's room back at the mansion was now in this room.

A queen sized bed sat by the left wall, the dresser on the far right and the mirror next to it.

The colors if her things were a dark brown crimson like dry blood and gold.

As she ran and jumped in her bed gingerly I walked by one of the bedposts and glanced around. This was really happening. We were joining the order.

My eyes wondered the room till they landed on the mirror. I froze. It had been so long since I saw...Domino. I was really starting to forget what I looked like in this form. All the memories with Tyki and Eeez and the guys flashed through my mind.

"Domi? Are you okay? Why are you crying?!" Alicia's worry filled voice broke me from my thoughts and indeed tears fell from my eyes.

I wiped them away and looked at her as I hugged her tightly. "I'll be back soon. Stay put." I said as I released her and took a few steps back. I knew she noted that I hadn't changed into my dark form as a confused expression spread over her features.

"La ocultación..." I spoke lightly before my shadow enveloped me in a hold. I closed my eyes.

When I opened them light hit and I shaded them with my hand, and a sad smile planted on my lips, "Home." The word passed through my lips as I spotted a familiar group of people.