Chapter 85 : Dear Lord, Fill Our Hearts With Grateful Praise. Amen

Chéri awoke to the strong smell of bacon that filled the air. He felt excitement over being in this loving environment and it was quietly doing wonders for his health.

He hadn't even brought back up supper last night as he would have felt terrible guilt due to how delicious it was, and due to how long he had seen the family prepare it. He didn't miss snapping his fingers and having René cook him whatever he wanted. He enjoyed the mysterious home-cooked food from Lennon's mother.

Chéri would quietly take his Methadone in the morning in his room and the various medications for all his medical concerns.

Dr V was insistent that his drug replacement treatment was not interrupted and he did not want Chéri going into withdrawal so far away from home with doctors who did not know his medical history.

Chéri checked his phone and there was a long message from Lennon that he had sent in the early hours, saying how much he loved him and how badly he hurt without him. Lennon also apologised for his lack of strength in just announcing that they were a couple. From his writing, it was apparent that he blamed himself for the situation they were now in, and he swore to love him and how they would never be separated again.

Chéri was touched by the message and looked at his clock to see that it was nearly seven in the morning.

He climbed out of bed and dressed in loose jeans and a large t-shirt and then pulled on a thick hooded shirt. He quietly left his room and knocked on Lennon's door. There was no answer, so he opened the door and looked in. Lennon was face down, asleep in the single bed.

Chéri crept in and closed the door latching it behind him, then he quietly walked over to Lennon and kissed him on the side of his face. Lennon opened his eyes and saw Chéri sitting on the bed.

"Morning Cher, you shouldn't really be in here darlin'," Lennon said as he suddenly grabbed Chéri and pulled him down to the bed. He pulled Chéri under him and started kissing him all around the small of his neck. "Ohh, Cher! Cher! I need you. I can't sleep another night without you." Lennon whispered into Chéri's ear as he held him tightly.

"I've missed you too, Lenny. I have to face it that we're just too accustomed to each other now. Lenny, I love you, and your family."

"Really? That means a lot. Momma's always askin' about you. I just wanna tell her that you're Chéri and the love of my life. I really think she'd understand." Lennon said as he kept giving Chéri little kisses.

"Now that I know her, I hope she does. I'd hate it if she didn't approve and hated me." Chéri said.

"Well, I don't think she would hate me for being gay, so why would she hate you. My momma isn't even a hateful person, she's very loving." Lennon assured.

"Lenny, I know our futures lay together, and one day we will be married and can live how we like and never be separated again, and we'll run the Bordello together, so my mom can relax more."

Lennon smiled widely, "It's so nice to hear you talk about marriage."

"Well, it's gonna be you isn't it?'" Chéri said.

"Would you want anyone else?" Lennon asked as he ran his finger over Chéri's lips."

"Nah. No one can live up to you. I'd miss your crazy Americanness, your singing to terrible music and seeing how you'd sneak this infamous Harmonica into the Bordello. In fact, I hope it's true because you playing the harmonica would drive Marcel insane!"

Lennon laughed in response.

"Are you still denying HarmonicaGate!" Chéri pressed with a smile.