7. We're Not Five Anymore !

A few weeks later... 

November.

These past months have been good. I feel comfortable with Katherine, she makes me feel welcomed. I hang out with Jacob, Embry and Quil too. We often walk in the woods or work on restoring old cars and engines, although Jacob does almost everything. 

I talk more and open up. I laugh, smile and relax. I evolve into becoming my old self. Embry is what I can consider a best friend, and I now understand he can never be serious. Quil loves chocolate, which makes him more loveable. Kate loves drawing. She once asked me if she could draw a portrait of me, but I refused. I still can't look at myself.

William is better. He has two good friends and I always see them running around Billy's house. Matthew has a chubby face and Kayla is a little princess. They are both absolute cuties, polite and nice. 

We are slowly healing.

*****

I sigh as we finish school. We haven't done anything interesting and it's starting to bore me. 

"Let's go to the beach today." Jacob proposes when we all walk to the truck. Kate is laughing next to Embry and he has a shy smile. I think something might happen between them, but maybe I should help. They aren't the ones who make the first move.

It is a rather sunny day, no wind, really unusual for November, so we all agree. 

"Could we take Will ? I mean, he asked me yesterday if we could go, so..." I ask. My friends say yes and we enter Jacob's truck. We stop at the house and pick up blankets, as well as William and a soccer ball.

When we arrive, there is no one. The sky is grey, but I don't feel any humidity in the air, meaning there hopefully won't be any rain. We sit near the water and take the ball. Kate, because she hates anything related to sports, decides to draw. 

We make two teams, one with William, Quil and I, and another with Embry and Jacob. We play during half an hour and we are clearly winning. 

William kicks the ball, but he makes it fly past the goals, just before the water, next to a group of boys.

He runs towards them and I choose to follow closeby, in case something happens. The tallest holds our ball and he makes it turn on one finger.

"Excuse me, but can we have our ball back, please ?" William asks politely. 

The boy looks down at him, looking so sure of himself. "I don't think so." He says with a snort as he shoves my little brother back and laughs. 

I stay dumbfounded and I gaze at Will. I see he's holding back tears and he starts to sniffle. It's enough to make me react.

I stomp towards the boy and I recognize him. He must be a year above us. I walk and raise my head, looking directly in his eyes. He seems amused as he holds the ball up. 

"Do you like picking on little boys ?" I ask, not backing down.

He doesn't answer my question. "Oh... feisty." he says. "Go play Barbies and leave the men alone."

"Stereotypes. We're not five anymore and we're in the 21st century, keep up ! Or is it too much for you, dumbass !" I shout in his face. "Say sorry !" I push his chest, but he doesn't move an inch. "You had no reason to hurt him !"

"I didn't hurt him, I pushed him. And he was here : there is my reason." he shrugs, making me want to punch him. 

"Wow, real brave. You must be proud to have a comeback like this, right ?" I say sarcastically, my arms folded.

"Oh... She got you here Paul." one of his friends from behind says. 

He turns around brusquely. "Shut up !" he tells him. So, his name is Paul. I finally have a name for the jerk whose ass I have to kick.

He faces me again. "You should apologize before it gets worse." 

"You're the one who should do that." I retorque. 

And then, he pushes me. Into the water. I gasp as the cold water drenches my clothes. Paul and his friends laugh and leave running. I glare at his back as I get up completely wet.

Kate runs towards me, enveloping me in a warm blanket. I pay no attention to the cold, I want to make sure Will is alright. 

I take my brother in my arms and hug him. I can't bear the thought of someone breaking my brother. I just can't. 

I don't notice Paul. I don't notice how he turns around and stares at us, with a strange look on his face.

First encounter between Paul and Alex !!!  Hope you like the story so far !

Do you like sports ?

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)