Carolina Hurricanes - Andrei Svechnikov

Requested: Hello, can you do one with Andrei Svechnikov, please?

Word count: 1,386

I pace back and forth walking past the same double doors waiting for one to come out to tell me what is happening and to tell me how my boyfriend is. After what I just watched out on the ice it can't be good.

I was sitting with the wives and girlfriends watching game three of the playoffs. It as in the middle of the first period when I saw there was a fight. We all stood up looking to see who it was. At first, all I saw was number eight on the Washington Capitals, Alex Ovechkin.

"I can't see who it is?" One of the girls says. I look at the other four players on the ice. I knew Andrei was out there but I couldn't see him. I started to panic. That couldn't be him out there fight the captain of the Capitals couldn't? He could have gotten off the ice before the fight started right?

"Y/N I think it's Andrei." Another one of the girls said looking at me worried I sat down slowly in my seat looking out onto the ice and as soon I was down I saw the back on the jersey of the player that was fighting. It was none other than number thirty-seven Svechnikov. My hands started to shake. I didn't know what to do.

The next thing I see is that Andrei's back is on the ice and Ovechkin is on top of him. I see the players that are on the ice waving at the bench and I see trainers run out on the ice going to Andrei I stand up and walk to the rail. I hear some of the fans from the section below saying that Ovechkin knocked him out. I then see two of Andrei's teammates help him off the ice. I hurry and grab my things and head down to the locker room.

Once I get to the doors to get to the hall where the locker room is I see the security guard that is all ways there, Max.

"Max I need to get down there."

"Y/N I know you want to but you know the rules no one goes through these doors till the end of the game. I'm sorry I heard what happened to Andrei."

"Isn't there some you can call to get me down there Max? I need to see him." He kept saying no so that is why I'm pacing the hall waiting to hear anything about how Andrei is doing.

Another security guard came up to us carrying a chair. He stops in front of me and places it on the ground.

"You should sit down." I nodded my head. That is probably a good idea.

I took a sit grabbed my phone and looked to see how the Hurricanes are doing. Maybe Andrei is fine and went back out on the ice. I ignored all the messages and calls I was getting asking how Andrei was doing. I see a notification saying Andrei would not return to the game.

There were 2 minutes left of the third. I have really been here for two periods? Hurricanes were up to five to zero. I let a deep breath out for one because they won and two I was going to be able to get past those doors.

I heard a door open and I look up and see one of the trainers peak his head through the door.

"Y/N you can come to see Andrei." I look over at Max and he nods his head and opens the door wider for me. I hurry and follow the trainer down the halls.

While we were walking I heard the buzzer go off signaling that the game his over and I hear the crowd go wild.

"He's right in there just go easy with him," I told him I would and walked through he for that he told me.

I see Andrei laying on the table with his arm over his face.

"You know when we started talking I never thought I would be on of those girls worried about their boyfriend fighting but for Two periods I waited to see you I couldn't up but worry about you." When I started talking he sat up and looked at me. They cleaned up the blood that I saw when he was getting off the ice but I could see the cut. I walked closer to him and brought my hand up to his face and he lends into my touch.

"I tried to get someone to go get you but they had to wait till it was closer to the end of the game. I'm sorry."

"What were you thinking?"

"I don't know. These past couple games have been hard, you know that. We are playing against the Washington Capitals, they won the Stanley Cup last year."

"Last year doesn't mean anything this year Andrei."

@@@@@

The next day. I was making lunch for Andrei and his brother, Evgeny. I bring the tray of food to the living room where the guys are sitting watch hockey highlights.

"Did you really post that?" I heard Andrei ask his brother.

"What did you post?" I ask while I set the food on the table in front of them.

"Here look what Evgeny posted on his Instagram story." Andrei handed me his phone and I see a black screen with white letters that said 'One, two Freddie's coming for YOU' and Alex Ovechkin's Instagram is tagged.

"No one messes with my brother, expect me." Evgeny lends forward to grab some food.

I take a seat next to Andrei and look up at the tv and last nights fight was playing. I nudge Andrei for him to look up. I see him look at me and follow to where I was looking.

The next thing on the screen is Ovechkin an interview after the game.

"I hope he's okay," He said, "You don't want to see a guy get hurt." I rolled my eyes.

"When I see him-"

"You're going to what? Fight him and need up like your brother?" I looked at Evgeny and back at the tv when the head coach came up.

There was one thing I couldn't agree more with.

"It made me sick,"

"That is something him and I agree on, it made me sick." I could feel the tear building up in my eyes but I won't let the Svechnikov bothers see me cry. "I'm going to clean up the kitchen."

I lend up against the counter and take a few deep breaths and closed my eyes. The fight played over and over in my head, it wouldn't go away. Before I knew it the tears were falling and I couldn't stop them.

"возлюбленная (sweetheart) are you okay?" I heard Andrei. I wiped my tears really quick. I didn't want to look at him right now.

"Yes, I'm fine. You should be laying down, you should be resting." I pick up some dishes and put them in the dishwasher.

"I can't lay down or rest knowing that you're in here crying." I laugh a little.

"I'm not crying."

"I know you're lying." I heard him walking closer to me. "Please look at me." I sighed I knew he was going to be able to see I was crying. I turned around slowly.

"Andrei when I saw you fighting it felt like my heart stopped. It took everything in me not to break down. I ran down to see you and when they wouldn't let me go see you different things went through my head. All I could picture though was you lying on that ice then seeing you slowly get up and having to have two guys help you off the ice. Andrei I was worried sick." Andrei stepped closer and wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me closer and I just cried into him.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry you were so worried about me. I should have got someone to go get you."

"Just don't scare me like that again." I lean back but not out of his arms to look at him.