Chapter 32: A sense of smell

I took a deep breath and braced myself as I forced my eyes to meet Anton’s now light grey eyes. They really did look almost white when they were their normal color and I couldn’t help but to think of them as beautiful. I groaned at the thought and Anton gave me a curious look.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts of any naughtiness and then I opened my mouth to ask him about…well…hm…what was it exactly I wanted to know? I had no clue what to ask so I just slowly closed my mouth again and stared stupidly at Anton’s amused face.

Should I ask about the submissive-part? Did I really want to know?

Should I ask about what it really meant to be mates? Would I even want to know about that?

I had no idea.

Maybe I needed to ask about how they were going to keep me and Kate here without anybody noticing…

Yeah, I should ask that.

"Eeh…you know I was kind of wondering how you plan on keeping me and Kate here without raising any suspicion?" I finally asked. I knew that my foster dad probably wouldn’t notice us being gone and all, but at least somebody had to wonder about us, right?

Now that I really thought about it I wasn’t quite sure about that though…

Suddenly a picture of Matt and Regina flew through my mind and I felt a spark of hope. At least they would‘ve had to notice me being gone. They could have already phoned the cops and sent out a search party or something. Yeah, of course they had! They were my friends after all.

I think that Anton noticed my change of mood because he huffed and shrugged his shoulders.

"There really aren’t that many people who come by here so I’m not really that worried about somebody noticing. By the way, even if someone were to ask for you to be handed back they would have to climb over our dead bodies first. We’re not letting you go now when we have finally found you Ash." He said in a matter of fact- voice. I gave him an irritated eye but I didn’t say anything.

Were this 'mate- thing' really that important to them? I mean couldn’t they just take somebody else? Maybe somebody willing to be their mate? A girl for example…or a boy…I really didn’t care as long as it weren’t me.

"Why is it so important to you? This 'mate- thing' I mean?" I asked tiredly. I figured I could at least try to understand why they would just take a random guy at a closed store and tell him they’re willing to die for him.

Because you know, that isn’t healthy at all.

Anton studied my face, searching for any signs of mocking but when I stayed dead serious he sighed and shifted into a bit more comfortable position above me. Mind you, he still didn’t move his stupid ass so I could get up…

"Well…it’s hard to explain to a human…but then again I guess you can feel some of it too…" He started. He brought his hand up towards my bare chest and slowly touched two fingers against my skin. I shivered as a small bolt of pleasure shot up along my spine when he began to make a trail with his fingers, down to the middle of my stomach and then slowly up again.

I tore my eyes away from his hand as he became quiet and I gazed up at his thoughtful expression. His bright eyes met mine and he smiled slightly as he continued to trail the outlines of my abs. I tried to ignore the burning feeling along my skin as he touched me because I knew that if I asked him to stop he would probably just do something worse. I also knew that if I let him know that he could affect me like this it wouldn’t help me in the slightest when I decided to convince them that I, most definitely, weren’t their mate…