Chapter 6: Another Day in Hell but Better

The minute I got up from my alarm which I dread, I went into my bathroom to get ready to go to the gym. I put on some average workout clothes, grabbed my water bottle, jacket, keys and started walking. On the way I am suddenly stopped by the honk of a horn and a car pulling up beside me. I immediately recognize it to be Shawn's car.

"Clara, get in the car!" He shouted to me and I immediately get into his car with a smile.

"Hey, are you going to the gym?" Shawn says returning that smile I can't get out of my head.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yeah. I try to go whenever I can sometimes my schedule doesn't allow it."

"I always go to the gym every morning, I have to stay in shape for work."

"Oh, where do you work?" I was hoping deep down he wouldn't ask me that question so I had to come up with a lie fast.

"Uh I work in an office building in the mailroom. You know lifting heavy boxes and shit." It wasn't necessarily a lie but it wasn't the entire truth. I don't feel comfortable telling people where I work because I am afraid they would judge me or worry about me because I am young in some people's eyes.

"Oh cool, no wonder you look so healthy and beautiful." A smile forming on his face.

"Thank you." I say a little nervously.

"So, I was wondering if tonight you would like to go to dinner with me?"

"Aww I would love to, but I can't I have to work tonight."

"Oh, that's too bad. Well what time are you off? I can pick you up and-" I instantly cut him off.

"NO! Uh I mean no I work pretty late till like two in the morning late." I add a nervous smile just to really sell it he raises his eyebrows and glances at me before returning to the road.

"Oh okay, well will you at least grab a coffee with me after we finish at the gym?" He really is persistent I'll give him that. I feel very nervous but also excited. Its been a while since I went on a date.

"Now that I can do. Except we have a problem." He looks at me with a worried look as we pull into the parking lot of the gym.

"Uh Oh, what is it?" I look at him in the eyes and smile.

"I don't drink coffee." I let out a loud laugh and he does to. He helps me out of the car, me landing with a thud and we walk up to the entrance of the gym.

While I am on the treadmill I notice Shawn eyeing me up and down as well as a few other guys. I hear low growls come from Shawn's throat. It has been about a half an hour at the gym and I am working on my upper body. I go over to start doing pull ups but I can't reach the bar, I try jumping but I still can't reach. Curse my small height and stubby legs. Shawn sees me struggling and starts walking over to me.

"Hey honey, you need some help?" he gently puts his hands on my waist, I can't help but feel sparks and he hoists me up to the bar.

"Yeah, thanks I have tiny legs." I let out a nervous giggle.

"I think your legs are perfect." He gives me that smile that can kill again. I give him a smile in return and go back to what I was doing with him coming up in front of me and watching me.

"Uh, can I help you with something?" I look at him with a 'what the fuck are you doing' face.

"I'm just spotting you. Don't want the princess to get hurt." He says with a smirk.

"Okayyyy, whatever, why do you want to spend so much time with me?"

"Can't a guy just spend some time with an attractive girl?" I look at him for a second and look up with sad eyes.