Chapter 17: A Day of Cuddling

The next morning I'm under the sheets cuddled up to Shawn laying my head on his chest. I have bruises and scratches all over my body and there's blood everywhere on the bed. I see the sun shining through the window. I get out of Shawn's grasp carefully so I don't wake him and sit at the edge of the bed. I wrap the comforter around my body to cover my injuries. The second I stand I yelp and fall to the floor, Shawn's eyes shoot open and go to me.

"Clara, are you alright?" He rushes to my side picks me up, places me on the bed and goes to close the blinds.

"I'm okay. How are you feeling? Is your heat better?" He looks at me with concern and comes towards me.

"I'm fine, right now my main concern is you. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, just a little sore." And by a little I mean enough to fall to the floor. He cups my cheeks with his big ass paw-like hands to get me to look in his eyes.

"Baby I told you to stay away why don't you fucking listen to me." He looks at me with glossy eyes.

"Honey, I'm in it for the long run. I did it for you and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I gave you something that was once precious to me and you gave me something even better." He looks at me with confusion while I speak.

"What was it you gave me?" Uh oh.

"Oh-umm just my undying love for you." He looks at me with a stern face.

"Clara, what was it you gave me?" He says warningly. I can't hide it from him anymore.

"I gave you my virginity." His eyes widen and his mouth is gaped and he can't hold the tears in. He looks at me and backs away pacing the room and pulling at the ends of his hair. "Honey, you did nothing wrong."

"Why the hell didn't you tell me you were a virgin I could have killed you last night." He speaks slightly raising his voice.

"But you didn't, I saw you fighting to keep your heat under control. Besides, I knew what I was in for when I joined this pack. I love you and if I have to feel a little pain to stay with you so be it." I try to get up and work through the pain. I nearly fell again but Shawn catches me in his arms. I cup his face, stroking his cheeks with my thumbs.

"Shawn, if you're worried that it wasn't special enough for me, stop. Last night was the best night I had in my life and I wouldn't change a thing. Many men have tried to get into my pants but none succeeded because I was waiting for the right person, I was waiting for you. Last night, I didn't have sex or a simple fuck, I made love to the man I love." I gave him a peck on his lips, but he felt it wasn't enough. He placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled me closer for a longer kiss, laced with our tears. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck.

Over and over he told me he loved me and he was sorry and I just said I know and he had nothing to apologize for. He picked me up and took me into the bathroom, placing me on the sink as he ran a bath.

He came over to the sink and got a bath bomb out of the cabinet and threw it in the tub, along with bubbles. He checked the water to make sure it was the right temperature. While he did that I put my hair up in a half up half down messy bun.

After he checked the water he came over to me and removed the comforter from my body. When he saw the injuries he winced and traced over a few of them before he picked me up and placed me in the bath. The water felt so good, I let out a groan of satisfaction.

He placed his lips on mine softly yet so deeply he pulled away and placed his forehead against mine, cupping my cheeks with his hands.

"I'll be right back okay. Stay here, I mean it."