Chapter 13: My Guardian Angel

SHAWN'S POV

I told her that I love her and I do, she brought me to her lips and they were so soft. Her heartbeat started to slow down and she slipped out of my finger tips. My heart stopped and all I could do was cry and hold her. "Clara, no please don't leave me. I love you baby." I was crying and rocking her lifeless body in my arms, I didn't know what else to do. Grace approached us but it was too late she was already gone.

"Grace you're too late. She's gone." Everyone started crying or trying to hide their crying. Clara really meant a lot to the pack.

"No, I know her she's a fighter. She'll survive, come on Clara, fight for us." Grace was closer to Clara than the rest of the pack.

Grace started to give her CPR, I was just crying over the love that I had just lost. I had my knees pulled up to my chest and my head in my hands as tears poured from my eyes. I watched as Grace kept trying to save her but it was too late. My poor baby, I will never feel her lips on mine or feel how soft her skin is. I started to sing, singing always helped me to control my emotions.

Please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart.

Suddenly Grace hit her chest hard and Clara took a sharp breath in and she opened her eyes. My heart leapt out of my chest and I immediately got to her side. Grace told me to keep her against my skin so that she would stay warm and calm, so I pulled her into my chest. I got my baby back, thank you god. I whispered soft and soothing words to her and kissed her all over as Grace patched up her wounds.

CLARA'S POV

I am walking towards a warm white light. I see two figures coming towards me. They are calling my name and I know those voices. They're my parents, I run to them and am instantly smothered in hugs from them both.

"Mom, Dad, I missed you guys so much." I sob into their shoulders.

"We missed you to sweetie. But you can't stay here with us. You need to go back to him."

"What, no I made my peace with this, it's okay, I can't leave you guys here alone."

"No baby, we're not alone, we're at peace and we will continue to be at peace, waiting patiently for you." My mom places her hands on my cheeks and kisses my forehead.

"So bring us back some good stories. Make music again like you used to, get married, give us some grandkids and have a long and happy life with the person you love. We know he's waiting for you." My father comes up behind my mother and kisses my forehead. I hear a voice coming from behind me singing. I know that voice, it's Shawn singing. God his voice is that of an angel. "Don't worry Clare-Bear, you'll see us again."

"You're right I have to go back. I love you both so much."

"And we love you to. Now go." I start to head back to the melodious voice, when I suddenly turn back to my parents.

"Wait, does that mean you approve of him?" I give them a sly smirk and they smile.

"Yes, we approve of him. Why else would we send him to you?" I knew my parents had something to do with this some how. "Goodbye Clara."

"No, not goodbye, more like see you later mom and dad."

"See you later baby girl." They both said to me, I wave to them and I turn and run towards the voice that's guiding me home.

I take in a sharp breath and open my eyes to see what brought me back, my lover Shawn. He immediately pulled me into his bare chest. He kept kissing all over my face and whispering sweet nothings into my ears.

"Hey baby, thanks for bringing me back." Shawn was in tears of joy and his grip on me was tight like he was scared to let me go. He leaned down to me and peppered kisses all over my face until he got to my lips. The kiss was deep and mixed with a few of his tears.

"Please don't ever scare me like that again!"

"No promises. By the way, my parents say hi, and they approve of you." I send him a soft smile. He pulls me back into his body and my face is buried in his chest. Grace said she has finished patching up my wounds so it's safe to move me.

"Shawn, let's go home please."

Shawn placed his hands underneath my thighs and carefully picked me up bridal style, me holding onto him tightly. Teddy, one of the betas in the pack that I met, came in with some blankets and wrapped them around me. Shawn carried me out to the car still in his boxers. Cameron held me while Shawn got in the car before he carefully placed me on his lap as Cameron drove us home.

The entire car ride home I had trouble staying awake. Shawn kept rubbing my back and legs leaving occasional kisses on my head.

"I'm sorry for getting kidnapped before our first official date." I chuckle even though it hurts, trying to lighten the mood.

"Babe, don't worry about that just rest for now. I'll keep you safe and sound." My eyes drifted to sleep and I bury my face into his neck, breathing in his scent apples and maple mixed with some sweat; that is my new favorite scent. Before I fell asleep I whispered 'I love you my guardian angel' to him.