Chapter 1 - Adrian Jones

Author's Note: This is my very first ever story and I'm really sorry how bad the writing and how long this story is.

~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian Jones was never the brightest star in the sky. His school grades weren't always the greatest and Adrian was barely passing his classes. But no matter how difficult, he always managed to do enough so he wouldn't be held back.

Adrian Jones was never the biggest star in the sky. He was never super popular enough to be invited to birthday parties growing up. He learnt how to suppress the disappointment of loneliness as he got older.

Adrian Jones was never the shiniest star in the sky. He was always friendly with other kids, but none of that acquainted to having actual close friends - except from Adam Hanes, his childhood friend throughout tough times.

He grew up with a love for ice hockey ever since he was 5 years old. Adrian started to learn how to play ever since his dad used to take him to regular hockey matches whilst he was around.

From then onwards he would always practice with Adam. After school, extra curricular activities, and on weekends they would play ice hockey.

Joining Craftswood Academy with Adam, as one of the team's player is when Adrian's life would change.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So, can we get your numbers?"

Adrian was walking with Adam towards the stadium when they were stopped by two gorgeous women with slim figures and stylish outfits. They both had long hair that went down to the shoulders, one was a caramel blonde while the other was a bright red head.

"I'm sorry but I...Umm... broke my phone, and I don't remember my number." Adrian came up with.

Adam was flabbergasted at Adrian's poor excuse. Not being one to miss an opportunity. "Here, put your numbers on my phone."

Adam passed his phone to both of the women as they giggled at the exchange. "I'll text you ladies later." The women waved goodbye and as they left, Adam smacked Adrian on the shoulder.

Feigning pain, Adrian rubbed his shoulder. "Oww, what was that for?"

Adam was dumbfounded at his best friend. "A gorgeous woman wanted your number and you rejected her? And with a TERRIBLE excuse my friend, what gives?"

Adrian shrugged. "I just wasn't interested, not really my type."

"They were hot! What more do you want?" Adam proclaimed. "Don't tell me you are STILL hung up on Ashley..."

Ashley Dolski, Adrian's dream woman. Beautiful with a personality, clever whilst also kind and humble with a positive outlook on life.

Ever since Adrian kept bumping into her accidentally at his hockey games, no one could compare to her. Whilst being the best, Adrian didn't want to settle for anything other than the best and that was in the form of Ashley in his eyes.

Adam was persistent when making fun of Adrian because of his crush. He would constantly make jokes about it and Adrian would always blush, trying to play it off as the heat.

Avoiding the topic again, Adrian headed towards the stadium leaving Adam behind.

~~~~~~~~~~

Every time Adrian walked into the ice rink, he was always amazed of the success stories that the academy brought on. Adrian was currently at his school's ice rink, practicing with the team.

The new year recently started and the players were picked for the team. Being voted as the captain by his fellow peers brought pride (an honour to be highly praised by everyone), accomplishment (for his great skills) and also stress (with the responsibility being carried on his shoulders).

The Ravens were getting ready for a practice match with their school rival's, the Stonebrook Academy's Eagles.

Adrian gathered his team in a huddle and did his best attempt to motivate the team. "Now team, the Eagles are going to be here any minute now. They will bring their fans and try to intimidate us but we won't let that happen."

Adrian raised his voice louder. "We are going to smash the Eagles like all the other times our school did. We will be the best, we ARE the best and we won't let anyone take our pride or our victory!"

The team cheered with Adrian as they saw the Eagles walked in.

Adrian wasn't worried about any one of them. He knew he was currently one of the greatest players, now he was just building his profile and waiting to be scouted to achieve his dream.

===========

Author's note #1: I know this chapter is pretty short and lacklustre but this is just the opening to create a narrative for the main character.

Our other main character will be introduced to the story in the next chapter.

Author's note #2: Only the first 7 chapters are super short, afterwards they will become longer.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed it so far and vote. Much appreciated. 😁