Chapter 3 - Sinclair This, Sinclair That

Adrian left the rink as he made his way to the locker room, leaving behind Ashley who looked pretty close with this Sinclair guy everyone seems to be raving on about.

"Coach!" Adrian greeted.

"Jones! Great work today son, you played amazing today." Coach Taylor responded.

Adrian was beaming, his effort and skills being recognised by his coach.

"Thanks Coach, the Eagles were tough but we were just superior." Adrian gloated.

Coach Taylor hummed in partial agreement. "I wouldn't get so cocky yet son. This was only a practice game, they could be holding back on us for the element of surprise."

Adrian held his head up as he was quick to refute. "I'm not cocky, it's just fact that we are better than them."

Coach Taylor laughed at his star player's arrogance. "Keep an eye on that Sinclair kid, he showed serious potential on the rink. I have a feeling he's going to be a super star."

Coach Taylor patted Adrian on the shoulder before leaving. That left Adrian thinking, 'He's never called me a super star before...'

~~~~~~~~~~

After winning a game, the locker room would usually be full of excitement and buzz since they would be celebrating their victory - even if it was a practice. However this time it was different.

As Adrian finished getting changed, all he could hear from his teammates was Sinclair, Sinclair, Sinclair.

"Did you see him score with that bar down?"
"Sinclair's so fast!"
"What about that snipe from the centre?!"
"His saucer passes were amazing."

This kept going on and on, praises in one ear and more praise in the other ear. That's all Adrian could hear since he got in the locker room.

Adrian's frustration grew more and more every time he heard someone talk about Sinclair. Adrian knew he was great, but he didn't see all the hype he was getting.

"Can we all stop talking about this bloody Sinclair guy?" Adrian finally bursted out loud.

Adam walked over to Adrian and placed both of his hands on Adrian's shoulder, playfully adding pressure to them. "Aww is someone jealous they aren't getting all the praise?" Adam teased.

"No I'm not! It's just what's the point in praising someone when they aren't even that good." Adrian voiced his opinion to Adam.

Adam laughed at Adrian's smugness as they gathered their things. He then started to push Adrian out the door. "Yeah whatever you say, let's go and get something to eat."

~~~~~~~~~~

The pair of them made their way to Abigail's Diner. Abigail's Diner was the most popular place that students would go to. With an American theme restaurant located between both of the prestigious academies, it was well loved by everyone.

Adrian and Adam made their way to one of the available booths when they were greeted by their waitress.

"Hey boys, what can I get you?" Sally asked.

Adrian greeted Sally as he placed their order. "Hi mom, can we get two of the special cheeseburgers please?"

Writing the order down on her notepad, "Of course sweetie, any drinks?"

Adam replied, "One chocolate milkshake and one strawberry - extra whipped cream."

Sally sent their order to the kitchen, before grabbing a pitcher of water and heading back to the table. Pouring a glass each, "How was the game earlier?" She asked her son.

Adrian took a sip of the water. "It was great, we won and I scored the winning goal."

Sally clapped her hands together as she kissed her son on the cheek. "Adrian that's brilliant, well done son."

"It was a close game, even if Adrian doesn't think so." Adam told Sally.

"It wasn't!" Adrian exclaimed. "Their teamwork wasn't as near as good as ours. I knew that we were better, even before they walked in."

Adam smiled at his boldness. "The team seems to disagree, we all saw how good Sincl-"

Adrian waved his hands in the air before interrupting, "Don't say it! He's not even that good!"

Adam threw his head back in exhaustion. "Adrian please! We all know he's at least great, you're just worried about how someone else is getting all of the attention for their talent."

Adrian was quick to dismiss the notion as he ignored Adam. "Pfft, please..."

==========