Chapter 47 - A Premature Request

Author's note: This chapter takes place right after the last one. They were both longer than I expected so I had to split it into 2 separate chapters.

* Onto part 2.

~~~~~~~~~~

Brody was staring at his shoes on the ground as Adrian was still holding his hand on the hospital bed.

"Did you at least getting something to eat while you were home?" Adrian asked, trying to pry more information out of a reserved Brody.

Brody nodded his head, lying to Adrian once again. "Yeah, I made a sandwich to go with some fries." He said all too prepared. "And like a lot of coffee to wash it down." Brody added as he pretended to laugh.

Adrian saw that Brody's eyes were empty, his clear blue eyes that Adrian loved getting lost in were now glossed over and void of anything. Brody was faking it right now, not really present with him and only pretending for Adrian's sake. Adrian didn't know why he was lying to him about something so insignificant, and it made him worried about what was really going through his mind at the moment.

Adrian held Brody by the chin, making Brody look back up at him. "Talk to me, what's going on with you Brody?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

When Brody was forced to look at Adrian, held gently by Adrian grasp as he pleaded Brody to talk to him, he felt conflicted in his heart.

"Nothing's wrong babe, maybe I just drank too much coffee." Brody deflected the situation as he was prolonging the conversation, putting his foot down and continuing to go with the lie.

Adrian sighed as he let go of Brody's chin, lying down and rolling over on the bed as he looked outside the other window - away from Brody.

Brody felt dejected by that action, he knew that Adrian noticed he was lying to him. How was he going to explain what he was thinking, that everything that has happened to Adrian recently was all his fault.

"I'm sorry." Brody said weakly. Adrian still wasn't facing him as Brody continued apologising for his collective actions. "I'm so sorry Adrian."

Adrian slowly sat up from the bed, sitting up from his position. He was looking at Brody with gentle eyes, pleading him to talk openly with him.

"I should have known that Sam would do something so crazy and hurt you like this. I should have been able to prevent all of this from happening and protect you. Every time I see you, all I can think about is that it's all my fault, and you deserve so much better."

Adrian was going to talk when Brody interrupted him.

"I think we should break up."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian's heartbeat intensified when he heard those words. If the heart monitor was still attached to him, then it would be going off like crazy.

"I-I think we should, break up." Brody repeated, speaking quietly as he looked away again.

Adrian wasn't sure he heard right at first, but then Brody said it again. It was quiet but it was clear as day, Brody wanted to break up with him.

"W-what? Why? Is it these scars?" Adrian asked as he self-consciously held them. "They're only temporary, do you see me differently now?"

"No! Of course not, there's nothing wrong or different about you." Brody quickly said as he tried to vaguely clarify the situation.

"Then why?!" Adrian exclaimed out loud. "Why do you want to break up?"