Chapter 12 - Save Me

"Drink up losers!" Could be heard over a loud crowd as the table was surrounded with people.

Adrian and Ashley has only just finished their emotional conversation on the porch before Holly came back and practically dragged Ashley inside. Claiming Adrian as another contestant/victim of circumstance, Ashley made him play several games of bullshit.

Adrian lost count how many times he had to drink in the last hour. Sober Adrian was never the best liar and a tipsy Adrian made it harder for him to concentrate.

Following the rules, Adrian clinked his drink with Holly as they both downed their cups which was now mixed with the other players' alcohol.

With how tipsy he was, Adrian blocked out the thought of how the cocktail tasted and relaxed more as the alcohol was making its way through his system.

"One more game!" Adrian shouted at loud. "I can't leave this room as a loser!" Adrian was met with cheers from the rest of the players as they all began to sit back down.

"Hey why am I moving?" Adrian asked as he felt someone pull him out of the room.

Adrian looked over his shoulder to see an arm holding out a bottle of water. "Drink. You know, before you decide to puke all over yourself."

"Adaaaam! I wasn't finished plaaaaaying!" Adrian whined.

Adam began to twist the cap of the water bottle. "Now take your time and drink it. I don't want to carry you home when you're smashed."

Adrian took the drink and sipped it. Adam wasn't happy and tipped the bottle further so Adrian would drink more. "I don't even know why you decided to play." Adam questioned him.

"Because I wanted to win!" Adrian spat out along with some of the water.

Adam moved his hand out of the way due to reflex and grimaced in disgust. "But you're always so bad at those kind of games. Plus you're a light drinker! Mixing cocktails is never a good idea." Adam told him.

Adrian slurred his words. "When did you get so wise?"

"Hanging out with you a lot makes me seem like a freaking genius." Adam quipped back instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~

After being left on the couch to sober up, the room finally stopped spinning before Adrian decided he could manage to go to the bathroom.

After relieving himself, Adrian ran into Adam and Ashley who had her arm slung around his shoulder.

"There you are, thought you disappeared and started to drink again. I'm going to take Ashley outside for some fresh air and to sober up a little, you going to be alright or do I need to find another sitter for you?" Adam asked genuinely with a hint of sarcasm.

Adrian took a glance at Ashley and saw that whilst she was still awake, she wasn't completely there and some fresh air may do Ashley some good.

Adrian had finished taking a sip from his water bottle before shaking his head. "I'll be fine. Go." Adrian said as he ushered them to go.

Once they had left, Adrian had walked to kitchen and switched to a soft drink. Adrian took a drink before he heard a loud crash from a room upstairs. With nothing else to do and no one else to occupy him, he decided to follow the sound out of interest.

Once he got to the source of the crash, he recognised several of the Eagle players absolutely wasted. Chaos swept threw the room as they all began to get even more rowdy and knock over several vases that looked very expensive.

Adrian thought it would be best to avoid them as alcohol could have only made them less tolerable than they already were. However it was too late as he recognised that the guy who previously assaulted him at the arena the other week was burning a hole right through him.