Chapter 18 - The Carnival

Author's note: So I made a major screw up and accidentally deleted this chapter during the process of organising this whole story.

So I had to speed write this and try to fix it with the notes I had and from what I remembered.

~~~~~~~~~~

The group of players made their way through the town as they all walked together towards the carnival that was being hosted.

The sun was setting as dozens of lights dazzled across the whole atmosphere. The sound of people talking to each other, and the noise of heavy machinery were dominating the area.

Everyone had already walked into the carnival, while Adrian hung back with Brody.

Adrian took in the sight and was amazed by the Ferris wheel in the distance. "I love carnivals, my parents used to take me to them all the time. We always had so much fun together."

Brody smiled softly at hearing Adrian's childhood life. "So, where do you want to go first?"

Adrian's eyes beamed when he saw the petting zoo at a close distance. If he didn't hear the sound of the animals in the background, then he could certainly smell it.

"There." Adrian said as he pointed towards the petting zoo.

Paying to get inside, the first animal they stopped at was a baby goat in the small pen. Adrian immediately crouched down by the gate as the cute little animal approached him. Adrian held his hand out to feed the baby creature, smiling in glee as she ate from his hand.

Brody admired the sight in front of him, taking a picture on his phone just as Adrian smiled when the baby goat licked his bare hand.

Brody continued to look around the tent and his vision landed on the cutest baby giraffe that Brody has ever seen. Brody immediately reached out to pet its mane, hoping that he could get close enough and scare him away.

Adrian soon joined Brody by his side and reached out to feed the giraffe. His eyes lightened up when the giraffe ate from his hand and he couldn't help but smile at the baby animal.

Adrian didn't miss the way that Brody was looking at him softly, blushing a faint shade of pink at the attention. "What?"

"Nothing, just enjoying the scene in front of me."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, let's play some games." Adrian said as he led the path to the first game nearby.

At the booth, all they had to do was knock down the pyramid stack of cans with the beanbags they were given. It was seemingly easy at first, but Brody was proven wrong when he failed to knock them all down.

"Yes!" Adrian cheered as all of his cans tumbled down together. Collecting his prize, Adrian picked out the soft blue monkey and began to cuddle with it the second it was in his arms.

"Okay so you win this round, let's go to the ring toss next." Brody said.

The ring toss booth was right next to the stack of cans, so the journey was short. Adrian put his new mascot down as he was handed 3 rings first. Brody watched as Adrian failed to get the rings around the bottle, the clinking sound of the rings against the bottles were antagonising him at his failure to win the game.

"This game is rigged!" Adrian pouted. "It's not fair."

Brody laughed at Adrian's poor excuse, finding Adrian's little sulking moment amusing and cute at the same time.

It was now Brody's turn at the game as he handed over some cash in exchange for the 3 rings. Brody was focused as his laser like vision honed in on getting the perfect angle to land the rings around the bottle neck. One by one Brody tossed them all with relative ease. Brody celebrated his victory as a baby pink octopus plushie was now by his side.