Chapter 48 - Special Treatment

Adrian was getting his vitals checked by the nurse when Brody walked through the door the next morning.

"How's it looking nurse?" Brody asked from the door.

Jotting something down on the clipboard, she then held out a digital thermometer and stuck it to Adrian's forehead, "Everything seems normal, pulse rate and respiration rate are stable. His blood pressure seems fine as well."

The machine beeped and the nurse looks at the reading. "99.2°F, that's a little higher than we would like it to be. How are you feeling Adrian?"

Adrian shrugged his shoulders, feeling fine considering that he was stabbed multiples times a few days ago. "I don't feel any different, just kind of looking forward to going home."

"Hopefully it will go down slightly tomorrow, that way you should be fine to be discharged."

"Getting sick of me already?" Adrian joked.

The nurse laughed as she brought over a medical tray from the side. "I'm just going to show you how to take care of your wound and change your bandages, so you can self-administer when you return home tomorrow."

Adrian nodded as she peeled back the gauze pad that was on his stomach.

"Gross." Adrian let slip at the sight of the bloodied area on his body.

The nurse started to clean the area with soap and water, being careful not to cause any sudden stinging sensation that would hurt Adrian.

From behind her shoulder, Brody was leaning over so that he could see it all be done properly. The nurse turned her neck and looked over at the focussed Brody, still concentrating on what she was doing. "Can I help you?"

"Just learning how to do it for him when we get home."

Adrian blushed slightly when the nurse turned to look at him and gave him an candied, knowing look. "So sweet." She whispered to Adrian.

Adrian knew Brody heard that as Brody winked at him after that exchange, knowing that it boosted his boyfriend's ego.

~~~~~~~~~~

After the nurse taught them both how to take care of the wound, they were left alone in each other's company when Adrian noticed the bag that Brody brought in with him.

Pointing towards the backpack by the door, "What's in there?"

Brody walked in that direction and brought it over to Adrian's bed. Placing it down next to him, Brody unzipped it as he revealed the contents.

"I brought you your laptop in case you were bored. Thought we could finally watch Murder on the Orient Express together. Given that you probably have no intentions to read the book anyway, even though that the books are-"

"Always better than the movie." Adrian finished the sentence for him, happily remembering their time on the coach together.

Smiling softly at reminiscing the same memories, "Yeah." Brody sweetly replied.

Unravelling the charger from the backpack, Brody also unpacked some popcorn from one of the compartments, as well as strawberry twizzlers.

Excited by the food, "You're the best!" Adrian expressed, kissing his cheek when Brody passed him the food.

"Aaaannd, I brought you your favourite hoody, so you can be all comfy when you sleep." Brody took out the hoodie he grabbed from Adrian's drawer.

Slightly shaking his head, "Now you've been demoted to the second best now."