Plans

***Milo's POV***

No. No. Please. Pleeease.
I lose my voice as Mommy pushes my head down under the water spout. I gurgle but, I can't suck in air. Water fills my mouth and I try to spit it out. More water rushes from the tub spout. My neck hurts with the pressure Mommy is using to hold me under the steady flowing stream.
She lets me go and I gasp for air again. Her hands flip me over and she pushes my back with her palm. Her hand is holding my hair roughly, pushing my lips against the bottom of the tub. I scream into the water that is pooled underneath me. Bubbles surface from the air that escapes with my voice. I cry when she releases me again.
"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."  Mommy screams as she runs out of the bathroom.
Tears rush down my already wet cheeks. I choke out the clear fluid from my lungs. I jump out of the tub and run to my brother's room, into Neko's arms. "It's ok Koala. I've got you."

I gasp for air as I wake from a dream that scares me. I don't remember that. It has to be a subconscious conjuring of my real fear. I shake as I sit up and take in my surroundings. I look to my side and notice my Batman. He is sleeping and he looks so peaceful.

A throbbing pain screams at me from my injuries. My neck is stiff and my ribs ache. I hold my torso while I try to calm my frantic breaths.

"Neko." I tap his shoulder.

"Hmmm." He hums sleepily.

"It hurts." I whimper.

"What hurts Koala?" Neko panics when he sits up and starts hovering over my damaged body.

"My head, my ribs, my lungs, everything." I cry out as the sensation of pain intensifies.

Neko picks up his phone and sighs.

"I'm sorry Koala. I forgot to set an alarm. Your pain meds are past due. Hold on okay." Neko runs out of the bedroom door and comes back with a bottle of water. He walks to the bathroom and brings back my bottles of Norco and Anaprox. He places a pill from each bottle in my hand and then unscrews the cap from the water. I gratefully throw back the pills.

"It will take a bit to kick in. I'm so sorry." Neko whispers.

He wipes my hair back from my forehead and leaves to the en-suite bathroom again. He comes back with a washcloth and begins cooling down my neck and face.

"Did the pain wake you?" Neko asks.

"No. I had a nightmare." I confess.

"About them?" Neko asks.

"Marla was drowning me. I was younger. I don't remember that actually happening. You were there. You hugged me." I explained.

"God, Koala. I hate them so much. I can't even imagine how much you don't remember." Neko groans against his hands.

"You whispered I've Got You. You held me and I was all better." I stroke the fingers of my left hand over his arm.

"I will always have you." Neko promises as he moves his hands to my face.

"Thank You." I whisper, leaning into his touch.

"You are everything to me. I'm so sorry I let you get hurt." Neko whispers into my face.

I lean into his face and push my dry lips against his soft ones. He kisses me softly and I hum against his mouth. He pecks my lips a few times and pulls away. His gaze is piercing as if he found something he never wants to lose.

"You don't need to apologize. It's in the past. You weren't responsible for their mistakes." I shake my head with his hands still caging my jaw softly.