Chapter One

Chapter One:
Stop And Smell The Flowers
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Prim, what the fuck are you doing?" Dina nodded in agreement with Syd, looking on at Primrose in confusion. Syd and Dina shared a look as they watched their friend skip around the road in circles, holding her favorite flower to her nose.

Primrose came to an abrupt stop, locking eyes with Syd before looking down at the flower as she raised it until it was directly infront of her eyes. The sun shining through caused the flowers vein like designs to show through clearly.

"I'm smelling the flowers, my dear Sydney." Primrose smiled at Syd, delicately brushing her fingers on the tulip petals. She flickered her eyes over the intricate designs of each petal before she raised her head to look at Syd and Dina. "Aren't they pretty? I think flowers are so very pretty.. So delicately woven together.."

"Why?" Dina tilted her head, "Aren't you.. Don't you have allergies?"

"Yes, lovely Dina. Yes, I do." She grinned, taking another whiff of the delicate flower. "But they smell so lovely, don't you agree?"

"You're such a fucking weirdo." Syd shook her head, gently taking the flower from Primrose's hands to examine it. At Primrose's eyes on her, Syd raised the flower to her nose. "I don't smell anything."

Primrose glared at her for a split second as she leaned down and plucked another flower from a yard. She smiled brightly as she rubbed her thumb against the soft pink petals.

"Weirdos run the world, dear Sydney." Primrose said nonchalantly, spinning around on the road, nearly missing tumbling into a pothole as she twirled the flower in her hand. "And they will continue to rule it."

"Name one." Dina laughed, slinging her arm around Syd. Syd's smile brightened as she subtly leaned in closer to Dina. Primrose sighed, holding her arms out and spinning in place. Her strawberry blonde hair flew around her, looking like a fire burning brightly in a forest.

"President Obama." Primrose turned her face towards the sky, letting the sun highlight the specks of brown in her green eyes. She raised the flower to block out the sun and sighed dreamily.

"President Obama.." Dina looked past Syd, raising her eyebrows. "President Obama?"

Primrose stopped in her place, looking down at her boots as she she stuck the flower in her hair before skipping to catch up with Syd and Dina.

"President Obama." Primrose confirmed, trailing her eyes across the trees and older buildings as she stuck her hands in the pockets of her dress. She brushed her fingers agaisnt the packet of mint gum she always had on her.

"But he's not even the president anymore." Syd sighed, shaking her head and sticking her thumbs under the straps of her backpack.

"Former president Obama." She corrected herself, humming the tune of here comes the sun by the beatles. "You know.. I think I'm gonna like it here.. A lot more than I thought I would."

Primrose had moved to this town all the way from Seattle, Washington with her parents and her cat. She hated it at first. She hated how bad it smelled, how shitty the air was, how closed minded the people were. She hated it.

But she liked Syd and she liked Dina. They were the only ones keeping her from leaving town and high tailing it back to Seattle.

Primrose stopped in her tracks again, turning her eyes to look up at the sky. "So, do you think we're alone?"

"Alone?" Syd tilted her head, "Well, it's just us right now.. So, yes."

Primrose nodded, walking into the grass and sitting down. "I mean.. alone. In the universe.. I like to think that we're not.. You know, if I was a scientist and I discovered that aliens were real, do you know what I'd call them?"

Dina sat beside sid in the grass, looking up at the sky. "What?"

"Glorbanog." Primrose replied, stretching out her legs, smiling at the feeling of the sun on them.

Syd knitted her eyebrows together, sitting beside Dina after she motioned for her to. "What?"

"If I was a scientist, or an astronaut, I'd name the first species of alien Glorbanog." Primrose repeated, pulling out her phone and opening the notes app. "Glorbanog.. perfect."

Dina and Syd shared a look, shrugging it off as she opened her spotify app. "I'm gonna make a playlist called that. It's a good idea, yeah?"

"Uh.. yeah, yeah. Sure."

"Oh! And if I could name a fish, I would name it.. shit.. No, not shit, I was just thinking. I would name it.. Bolley fish. After the bowling alley-"

"With the boy?" Dina rose her eyebrows, nudging her teasingly. Primrose sighed, shaking her head.

"After the what now?" Syd shook her head, "After the bowling alley?"

"What boy?" Primrose tilted her head, "The only boy I know is my Lord and Savior.. Jesus Christ."

Dina and Syd shared a look. Primrose quietly hummed to herself as she moved her feet to the beat of the song.

"I'm Catholic.. Do you guys.. not know that?" Primrose gripped the grass in her hands. "Oh.. Ouchies.."

"Ouchies?"

"Ouchies." Primrose nodded in confirmation, "Ouchies to the max."

"What would you name an alien if you could?"

"Fuck." Syd snickered, "Right?"

Primrose sighed in disappointment. "I'd name one.. Sydosena."

Dina knitted her eyebrows, "Sydosena?"

"Yeah. Sydosena." Primrose nodded in confirmation. "After, you.. and you.. and me. Like our friendship.. and such."

Syd's expression softened, but she covered it up by rolling her eyes. "Softie."

"Only for you." Primrose winked, leaning her head on Dina's shoulder as the setting sun cast a warm golden glow on the three girls.

"I'd also name one... Helluva fish. Just 'cause it sounds pretty nifty." Primrose slowly laid back on the grass, a sneeze passing her lips.

Syd chuckled, "Told you so."

Primrose shook her head, "Oh, dear, Sydney. I know."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1

{ A/n: What's that??? Primrose??? Owning my heart?? Why, yes, thank you. }

{ Edited: No }