Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:
Not Only Aphrodite
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"You got this, my dear Sydney!" Primrose cheered, moving her body to the beat of the song playing from the boombox. "Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo!"

"Alright, focus, Syd. I want you to knock down those pins.." Stanley pointed to the pins at the end of the bowling range. "With your mind!"

When that didn't work, Stanley tried a pyramid of empty soda and beer cans, and then unpopped popcorn. "I want you to make the kernels pop, okay? Come on! I wanna hear 'em pop!"

Primrose sighed, stopping in her tracks when she heard no popping sounds.  "Maybe she can't do it on command.. It could be random... or controlled by emotion!"

Primrose frowned, watching as Stanley sat down defeated and leaned against the bowling ball rack. She sighed, sitting down beside him and leaning her head on his shoulder. "It's all okay, my handsome Stanley. We'll figure it out."

Stanley nodded, resting his head on hers and folding his hands together to rest on his knee. "Okay.. So how does it normally happen? Like, after Ricky's party? Like, what- what was your mindset?"

"I didn't have a mindset." Sydney huffed, rolling her eyes.

Primrose hummed, "What were your emotions? I could tell you weren't happy."

"Right, but were you just having fun, and then you just blew down some trees.. or-" Stanley's voice trailed off, waiting for Primrose or Sydney to finish.

"Or was it an accident? We all have accidents, my dear Sydney. Yours.. just happened to... knock down nature. Don't worry, she won't knock you down back. I can feel it." Primrose explained, reaching into her pocket and pulling out her coin. She began to mindlessly flip it, mumbling either heads or tails after each flip.

"I, um.. I kinda kissed someone at the party." Sydney said slowly, an awkward tension filling the room as she waited for Primrose and Stanley to react.

"Oh.. When? Like, be-before or after Prim and I found Harold 2.0?" Stanley swallowed, looking down at his hands in his lap. Primrose frowned, closing her fist around the coin and sipping her hand into Stanley's. She pulled it towards her face and planted a kiss against the soft skin of his hand.

Stanley blushed, the corner of his lips turning into a smile as he glanced over at her. "So, right, um, this person you kissed, and I'm not gonna ask who, because I'm above it and neither of us care.. Does he dress cooler than either of us?"

"No one can dress cooler than you, Stan." Sydney laughed, "Or Primrose.."

"That's true.. We have amazing style." Primrose giggled, nodding in agreement.

"I actually kissed someone who didn't wanna be kissed." She said slowly, her voice becoming shaky. "And I felt like an idiot. It almost always comes out when I'm angry.. or embarrassed or scared."

Stanley nodded slowly, raising his head from Primrose's and standing from the ground, pulling Primrose up with him. "Okay, come on."

"He has an idea!" Primrose cheered, slipping her hand from his and seating herself on the wooden bench beside where he stood.