Chapter Four

Chapter Four:
Her Lucky Coin
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Can you believe some people are already asking dates to homecoming?" Stan tapped his finger against the steering wheel as he looked over at Syd.

Primrose shrugged, "Oh, sweet Stanley.. I think it's lovely."

"I think it's stupid. It's so far away." Syd scoffed, shaking her head.

"Oh, dear Sydney." Primrose sighed, leaning her head on the window of the car. "It'll be here faster than you think. After all, life flashes by in the blink of an eye.

"Um.." Syd turned her body back to look at her. "Wha-"

"Heh, uh, yeah. Totally. Super far.." Stan cleared his throat, glancing at Primrose through the mirror. "Like.. uh, like a whole week."

"Time is an illusion, my handsome Stanley." Primrose leaned forward, poking her head between the two front seats. "We've gotta make the most of it before we're old.. or before the Glorbanogs get us all and feast on us."

Stanley chuckled, "Gotta watch out for those Glorbanogs."

Primrose giggled, tapping her finger against the leather of her boots. "See? He gets it!"

Syd sighed, closing her eyes as she leaned her head back. "Stanley, please."

"My dear Sydney, he's had his eyes opened to the dangers of the Glorbanog. They're going to come for us eventually."

Primrose pulled the coin from her pocket and began mindlessly flipping it, calling out heads or tails with each flip. She leaned her cheek on the head of Stanley's seat as she quietly sang along with the song playing on the radio.

"Did you keep the coin?" She asked, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"Uh, of course! It's in my pocket." Stanley said, patting the front pocket of his shirt.

"Seriously?" Syd turned to look at him. "Don't tell me she's already influenced you-"

Stanley shrugged, "I told her I'd keep it forever, so I will."

"Good. Because it's my lucky coin.. and now it's your lucky coin. Lady Tyche has blessed me so well, and I'm hoping now she'll bless you." Primrose explained quietly, flipping the coin and catching it mid air.

Stanley blushed, chuckling nervously as he turned the car into the school's parking lot. "Well, our chariot has arrived."

~~

"Do you have to spray them like that?" Primrose asked, twirling a pencil in between her fingers.

He nodded, "Gotta keep them fresh."

Primrose nodded to herself, turning her head and waving at the person who entered. "Oh, sweet Sydney!"

"Hey, I need your car." Syd said, greeting Primrose with a salute as she focused her eyes on Stanley.

"Oh, hey, Syd." Stanley grinned, putting the can down.

"Not for long. Just, like, you know, an hour."