Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:
Harold 2.0
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"My handsome Stanley," Primrose called out in a sing song tone, spinning in a cirlce as they approached the steps of Ricky Berry's house. "If you were a sea animal what would you be?"

"Um.." Stanley shrugged, holding the door open for her, "A jellyfish.."

"Well, I would be.. I would be a starfish.. No, no! I'd be a seahorse!" Primrose gasped, nodding her head excitedly, raising her voice so that Stanley could hear her. She pulled her coin from her pocket, "Heads."

She looked down, a grin crossing her face as Stanley lead her towards the stairs."It's heads."

Stanley laughed, jokingly patting his shirt pocket where he kept the coin as they walked up the stairs together.

Primrose slipped the glasses from his face and onto hers as he looked around the room for Syd and Dina.

"Stan! Prim!" Their voices caused a smile to appear on Primrose's face.

"Lovely Dina! My dear Sydney!" Primrose waved excitedly, slipping her hand into Stanley's and pulling him towards the couch.

Stanley's face reddened when he noticed that there was only room for one more person on the couch. "Oh, that's alright, my sweet Stanley.. I can stand."

Stanley shook his head as he sat down, "No, no-"

"Sit on his lap." Dina interrupted, a teasing smirk creeping across her face. Stanley swallowed thickly, watching Primrose as she glanced from her to him. "Okay."

She slid her arm around Stanley's neck, her heart increasing as she pulled the coin from her pocket again. "Tails."

"So, Stan..." Dina said slowly, her finger tapping the cup she held.

Stanley swallowed thickly, looking from Primrose to Dina. "Yeah?"

"I just feel like you and I have never really talked." Dina shrugged.

"I-I guess not." Stanley stammered out, taking quick glances at Primrose as she mindlessly flipped the coin she held, drumming her free hand's fingers against his shoulder.

"So you and Primrose are, like, friends." Dina said, glancing at Syd as she stared at her feet.

Syd had since reminded her about Primrose's obvious crush on Stanley, and Dina felt terrible for asking so many questions about Syd and Stanley right in front of her. Primrose paused, looking up at her friend before continuing her actions. 

"And you and Syd are neighbors?"

"Uh, I mean, yeah, yes." Stanley nodded quickly, watching as Primrose caught the coin in her hand and looked over at him. "We're friends, right?"

"Duh." Primrose giggled, shaking her head, "You're actually one of the best people I've met.. ever."

"And.." Dina's voice trailed off as her eyes landed on a person in the crowd. "Holy shit.. That's Jenny Tuffield."

"Didn't her mom send her to rehab?" Stanley asked, Primrose looking down  at him and nodding in confirmation.

"Yeah.. But I guess 'cause she's here, it totally worked.. and she's all better now."