Chapter Six

Chapter Six:
The Tsunami Sized Wave
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

tw: panic attack

"You slept with him?"

"You fucked Stanley Barber?" Dina gasped, leaning forward with a large grin on her face.

Pain spread from Primrose's heart throughout her body as she stared down at the table in front of her. She swallowed thickly, blinking away the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

She thought it was stupid to be crying over this. It wasn't like Stanley was her boyfriend, or anything. But she wanted him to be.. and he wanted Syd to be his girlfriend.

Primrose wondered if he would like her if she was less.. her. All in all, Primrose liked herself pretty well. But sometimes she wondered if she would have more friends if she wasn't so... strange.

She refused to change, though. She was who she was and she wasn't going to change that because of some bullies who tried to break her down. Because of some asshole ex who cheated on her. Becuase society told her she should. At least she had her friends, and the gods and goddesses on her side.

"Y-You don't have to keep repeating it." Syd said awkwardly, glancing at Primrose beside Dina. "Liam is right there."

Her expression had fallen from happiness to complete and utter emotionless as she leaned on her elbows.

"I'm sorry, I'm just processing! Prim, what do you have to say?" Dina asked excitedly. Primrose couldn't blame Dina. It's not like she knew that Primrose still had a crush on Stanley. After all, she hadn't mentioned the boy from the bowling alley since summer.

Primrose shrugged, silently looking from Dina to Syd before she settled her eyes back on the table. Primrose had never been much of a talker when she had been hurt. She found it took to much energy. Energy that she didn't have.

"So, how was it?"

"It was... great." Syd nodded, folding her hands together under the table, suddenly feeling a tsunami sized wave of guilt wash over her at the sight of Primrose.

She couldn't believe that while Primrose was out buying her family groceries, with her own hard saved money, she was fucking Stanley Barber. The bowling alley boy. "Re-Really.. I mean.. so good at going down on me. I was like woah."

"So you wanna hook up again?"

"One hundred percent." Syd lied, watching as Primrose's shoulders slumped further, if that were even possible.

Primrose sighed, "I'll... Uh, I'll be back.. Gotta use the bathroom."

Primrose quickly stood from the booth and rushed towards the bathroom.

Once the door shut behind her, she sank to the ground, leaning against the tiled walls. She inhaled sharply, letting the tears fall freely from her eyes as she pulled her knees to her chest.

Her heart felt like it was ripped from her chest and crushed in the hands of Oizys herself. She rested her head against the door of the bathroom as her cheeks became stained with hot salty tears. Primrose inhaled sharply, raking her hands through her hair as she cried. She squeezed her eyes shut as her ears began to ring.