Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
Not A Schizoid
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Primrose shifted uncomfortably on the bleachers beside Stanley as the principal walked in. "Alright, everyone take a seat. Now. Hurry. Now, you six students are here for one reason."

Primrose nervously tapped her finger against her knee, she'd never even had detention before. Stanley looked over, knitting his eyebrows together in worry as he subtly scooted closer to her, causing the girl's heart to skip a beat.

"Disrespect." The man continued, "You have disrespected this fine institution, and in doing so you have disrespected yourselves. Five of you I've never even seen in detention before. I want you to take the next few hours and think about your mistakes and carve out in your mind a plan for change. Determine how to improve yourselves. Define what the word respect means to you. Now, you can start by respecting this beautiful gymnasium.. Between now and seven p.m., you're gonna scrape up every damn piece of gum from the bleachers."

Primrose jumped as the man angrily dropped the box of utensils onto the bleachers. "Get started."

"Uh, Mr. Whitaker, sir?" Stanley cleared his throat, raising his hand in the air. "Um.. will there be a break for snacks or dinners?"

The man sighed, shaking his head in disappointment before leaving the room. Stanley swallowed, leaning down to whisper to Sydney, "Hey, I'm really sorry-"

"No, I'm not talking to you, or you, okay?" Sydney rolled her eyes, causing Primrose to cross her arms and look down at her feet. Stanley sighed, strengthening his back as he cast his attention onto Primrose.

"Okay, I know none of us wanna be here right now, but I was thinking, if we divide and conquer the bleachers, maybe we could be done before seven andd Whitaker will let us out early. So.." Dina suggested, looking around at each person's face, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Go, team!" Jenny clapped sarcastically, an exaggerated grin on her face.

Dina huffed, sitting down and crossing her arms. "I'm not a cheerleader."

"Maybe you should be." Jenny glared, causing Primrose to shift awkwardly as she mindlessly tossed the coin she held.

"Maybe you should be in prison." Dina shot back.

"Oh.. That's my wet dream." Jenny licked her teeth, sending a wink Dina's way.

"I don't know, guys. This gum has been here for decades, I don't think Whittaker actually checks. It's just a social experiment, like a simulation."

"Life itself is one big social experiment, my handsome Stanley." Primrose said, tearing her eyes away from the coin to look at him. "Small decisions become big decisions.. and the goverment, and the Glorbanogs, track all of it.. to test us. And before we know it, the social experiment ends."

"Oh, well.. Somebody's been smoking their supply." Bradley squinted at Primrose and Stanley. Primrose frowned, catching the coin in her hand and looked down at it.

"You know what?" Jenny flipped her hair, "I have an idea. Why don't we play Fuck, Marry, Kill?"

"How on-brand." Dina said sarcastically.