Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:
Stan and Primrose's Perfect Little Ecospheres
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I don't wanna go in there." Stanley sighed, looking towards his darkened house. The memory caused a dull, aching pain to spread throughout his eye.

"Then don't." Primrose said simply, stretching her arms in front of her and pressing them against the dashboard.

He turned his head to look at her, knitting his eyebrows together. "What?"

Primrose pulled her coin out of her pocket, mindlessly flipping it as she dreamily gazed at him. "Don't go in there if you don't want to."

"Then what am I-" Stanley cut himself off, "Late night adventures? Now? Are you sure? I-I mean, not that I don't want to! I so do, but.. But, uh, it's cold, won't you get cold?"

"Memories don't wait for the right time, my handsome Stanley. They just happen." Primrose grinned, catching the coin in her hand. "Don't you agree?"

Stanley blinked slowly, a grin forming on his face. "I'm so in."

Primrose cheered quietly as he pushed on the gas pedal, driving forward. The radio played Sam Smith quietly as the sound of the wind blowing around the car filling Primrose's ears. Stanley glanced over at her, his breath catching in his throat. The moon light illuminated features, highlighting the sparkle in her eyes that she always seemed to have. "S-So.. Uh, what-what's on.. on tonight's agenda?"

Stanley cursed himself for the amount of times he stumbled over his words as he tore his eyes from Primrose's face. She grinned, pulling her eyes from the trees flying by from the window to look at him.

"I want to make an ecosphere, we could both make one and then send each other pictures of the progress!" Primrose gasped, her eyes lighting up. "I think it would be really beautiful to wake up and look into a jar.. and just see an entire little world. Thriving all alone.. What do you think the earth was like before us? Before what came before us? The night sky must have been extraordinarily beautiful."

Stanley's lips parted as he turned his attention to the dreamy girl momentarily, "Per-Perfect.."

She grinned, leaning on the window to look up at the stars as she imagined all of the endless possibilities the universe held for her. "I had a dream last night. You were in it."

"I-I.. I was?" Stanley's heart skipped a beat as he looked over at her.

Primrose nodded, "Yes. We were on another adventure.. except this time.. it was different."

Primrose smiled at the memory of the dream, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. She focused her eyes on the stars above, "Do you think stars look down at us, and.. do you think stars cry for us when we die? I'd like to think that they do. What do you think happens? Happens after we die, I mean.. I like to think we go somewhere.. somewhere beautiful.. But I want to be a star when I die.."

"You'd be the brightest star." Stanley smiled, nervously tapping his finger against the steering wheel.

The fallen leaves of the forest crunched under Primrose and Stanley's feet as they approached the creek behind her house. Stanley held a flashlight, shining the light along their path. "You uh, you sure that your dad isn't gonna freak out when he sees my car in your driveway?"