Chapter Nine

Marley POV:

I didn't sleep well that night. All I could think about was my talk with Jack.

He's so much different from the little boy I met nearly two months prior. He's angry and closed off now.

I walked down stairs and saw Cheyenne talking with Sarah and Lana.

I'd noticed a lot more about her since I met her.

Yes, she's beautiful, I've always noticed that but I've noticed her personality traits as well.

When she's nervous, she tucks her hair behind her ear, subconsciously. When she's angry, she clenches and unclenches her fists and when she's happy, you can see the brightness in her eyes grow, which haven't done that much lately.

I laughed lightly when I noticed how tired Sarah looked.

"Well hey, good lookin'." I said and whistled. "Shove it up your ass, Marley! I'm not in the mood for your shit humor. I got like two hours of sleep." Sarah snapped. "Ouch." I said, sarcastically.

Cheyenne looked at me and let out a small giggle.

I loved to make people smile. That's why I make the stupid jokes I do, weather they're funny or not. Some are so stupid you just can't help but laugh.

I looked away from her when I saw Jack walk in and kiss his sister on the cheek. I guess our talk did some good after all.

"Mornin' Cheyenne." He said quietly but sweetly. "Good mornin', baby. How did you sleep?" Cheyenne asked. "Better." He replied.

"You hungry, big guy?" I asked and gave him a small pointed look when the girls weren't looking. "Yes." He said and smiled lightly at me.

Cheyenne POV:

I was getting so stir crazy. I wanted to go back to work and have a normal life. It's been a month and the cop that the MC knew still had no useful information.

I got Jack and I away from our father so we could have our freedom. Yet, he isn't here and he still has us captive.

I didn't understand why he wanted us back so bad if he hated us the way he did.

My thoughts became too much to handle and I had to run outside. I stood on the back patio and looked up at the stars.

"Please.." I whispered as tears fell down my face. "I can't.." I stopped and took a deep breath, looking down at my feet.

"Mom." I whimpered quietly and looked back up at the sky. "I need your help." I choked out.

"Cheyenne?" I heard a soft voice behind me.

I turned to see Marley's worried face looking at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me.

"I came here to get away from my father. He isn't even here and he's still keeping us locked away. I don't know how much more I can take. I can't pretend that everything is all right anymore, Marley. I can't." I said as I sobbed.

Marley instantly walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I know, Cheyenne. We'll figure this out. Is there anything you can tell me that we can use against your father?" He asked me. "If there is, I wouldn't know anything about it. Dad stayed out all the time and came home drunk late at night. So I have no idea what he got into during the day besides gettin' shit faced." I replied.

I then heard Marley's phone ring.

"It's Blair. We'll talk more in the morning okay?" He asked. "Okay." I said softly before heading back inside.

Marley POV:

"Hey, Blair. What do you have for me?" I asked when I answered. "What do you know about Cheyenne's father?" He asked. "Other than he's a drunk, abusive prick, nothing. Why?" I asked. "What about Cheyenne?" He asked me. "I don't think she does." I replied.

"Well I just found something interesting about Andrew Clark that you might want to see." Blair told me, cautiously. "What is it?" I asked him. "I'll e mail it to you, okay? If someone hears this I could lose my job." Blair said before we ended the call.

After hanging up, I walked upstairs and quietly opened the bedroom door to Cheyenne's room to find her and Jack sleeping soundly.

I don't know what it is about this woman that intrigued me so much. I worried more about this woman that I have anyone. Maybe it's because I can relate to her so well.

I heard my phone ding, notifying me that Blair had sent me the e mail.

I walked into my bedroom before opening the e mail.

When I did, I sat down on the bed with my eyes wide.

"What the hell?"