Chapter Thirteen

Cheyenne POV:

The court date to get full custody of Jack was exhausting. Somehow my father got my grandmother to testify against me and it seemed things had been going his way until my lawyer presented to photo evidence of Jack's injuries.

I saw the look on my grandmother's face when she saw them. She was flabbergasted and genuinely believed her son when he said his children were lying to the judge.

Judge Harrison was furious seeing the photos. He gave Jack and I a soft look then turned to stone when he looked to my father.

"I am granting full custody of Jackson Clark to his older sister, Cheyenne Clark. Andrew Clark is to stay more than five hundred yards away from Jack and Cheyenne at all times until Cheyenne Clark is confident to lift the restraining order." Judge Harrison called out as he slammed the gavel down.

"You can't do this! You can't take my son from me!" My father yelled at the judge and stood to his feet.

"I just did, Mr. Clark. Sit down before I hold you in contempt." Judge Harrison barked at him.

The next day, Jack and I headed back to Tennessee. Jack had been laughing and smiling non stop since the court hearing and I couldn't have been happier.

When we pulled into the MC club house, Jack ran inside to tell everyone the good news.

"We won!" He yelled and pumped his fists in the air.

"That's great, man!" Marley called out and fist bumped him.

I hadn't realized how much I had missed Marley until I walked inside and saw his bright smiling face.

"How does it feel?" He asked as he walked up to me.

"I feel free." I said and smiled up at him. "Good." He replied, softly.

Marley and I stared at each other for a moment before he cleared his throat and looked away from me.

"You hungry?" He asked. "Starving." I told him. "Good, Lana is cooking tonight." He replied and lead me to the kitchen where the rest of the club members sat.

"Hey, girl! Heard the good news." Kade said as he fed Diana.

I smiled at the group that have become family to me.

"Was it tough?" Sarah asked me. "Yeah, my grandmother actually testified against me." I said and rolled my eyes.

"He brought his mother into this? What a bitch." Marley laughed. "Her son could do no wrong in her eyes. Not until the lawyer showed the photos. She may be old but I guarantee he got his ass whooped after it was all over." I replied.

Ryder then walked into the kitchen with Jonah wrapped in his arms.

"Hey stranger. I'm guessing all went well." He said when his eyes landed on me. "Absolutely." I said and smiled in return.

"So, now that you're a free woman again, you ready to get back to work?" Marley asked. "Hell yeah. I have to get Jack enrolled in school first. I'm doing that first thing in the morning." I replied.

"I don't wanna go to school!" Jack complained. "Sorry 'bout your luck, kid." I said and took a bite of my burger that was placed in front of me.

Jack sighed and began to eat his food.

"It's good to have you back." Marley said quietly from next to me.

I began to blush as I looked up at him.

I noticed a look on his face that I hadn't seen before. His eyes were softer and his face didn't hold the humor that it usually did.

Damn, he was one good looking man. I wanted nothing more than to kiss him.

"Ugh! Get a room!" Jack yelled, snapping us out of it.

I glared at my brother before the MCs began to laugh quietly.

"Oh, fuck you guys." Marley muttered before eating his food.

"Hey, where's Samuel?" I asked everyone.

At the sound of his name, everyone stopped as if they had all just noticed his absence.

"I'll go check." Lana said as she headed upstairs.

A few moments passed as we all talked when we heard Lana scream.

"Ryder!"

Everyone jumped to their feet and ran at the sound of her voice.

We all stopped in our tracks when we saw Lana sitting with her father's head in her lap.

Sarah pushed by me, almost knocking me down and ran to Samuel's side.

"Dad! Daddy, can you hear me?" She called as she slapped his face lightly.

"Call an ambulance! Now!" Lana screamed.

I pulled out my phone and dialed the number as my hands shook.

_____________

Sorry for the delay guys. I've had really bad writer's block for a while and it took a lot of thinking to get what I did so I'm sorry for the short chapter. I will try my best to get more chapters up soon.