Chapter Fifteen

Marley POV:

I woke up the next morning to find Cheyenne laying next to me.

The memories of the night before flooded back to me. I kissed her in the kitchen. We didn't have sex, we had just talked about the feelings that we had been hiding from each other. It felt good to finally get that talk out of the way.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost seven.

"Cheyenne?" I called gently as I touched her shoulder. "Hmm?"

"It's time to get Jack to school." I told her. "Okay." She said, groggily before getting up.

She stopped before going to her room to change and turned to me.

"Did you mean what you said last night?" She asked me.

I then smiled at her.

I had told her that I had feelings for her but was too afraid to say anything because I was worried the twelve year age difference between us. She actually laughed at me. She told me that the age difference didn't mean a damn thing to her. She was afraid that it would bother me which made us both feel like idiots.

"I meant every word, baby." I told her.

She smiled back to me before leaving the room.

Cheyenne POV: 

I walked into Jack's room and saw that he was still sleeping.

"Get up, Jack. You have to be at school in an hour." I told him. "I'm not going." He told me and rolled over. "Like hell, son. Get up." I said and gently shook his shoulder.

"I said I'm not going!" He yelled.

"Jack, you do not talk to your sister like that, understood? Get your ass up and ready for school." Marley said, angrily from the door.

"Why should I listen to you?" Jack asked as he glared at Marley.

I slammed my hand on his bed side table making him jump.

"Get up and get dressed. I fuckin' mean it." I growled.

Jack finally got up to get dressed.

My eyes widened when I realized what I had done. I sounded like my father. Jack knew I would never hurt him though, right? Fuck.

I looked to Marley with tears in my eyes.

"Hey." He said, gently before taking my hands.

"He'll be fine. He's just working through some issues right now." He continued. "It's not that, Marley." I replied. "Then what is it?" He asked.

"It felt like my father had just.." I stopped to keep myself from crying. "You're not your father, baby. Don't start thinking like that." Marley told me.

On the way to the school, Jack wouldn't talk to me.

"What's gotten into you Jack?" I asked him. "Nothin'." He mumbled. "You're lyin', Jack. I know you." I replied.

"Jack if it's about the way I yelled at you this mornin'.." Jack cut me off. "I said nothin' is wrong!" He yelled at me. "Then you need to stop talkin' to me like this. I don't deserve it. All I'm doin' is tryin' to take care of you." I said, sternly before stopping in front of the school.

He got out and slammed the door behind him.

I didn't understand what was going on with him. He didn't have anger issues before we moved here, not even while we lived with dad.

Tears came to my eyes because I didn't know what to do to help my son.

When I got back to the club house, Marley was sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asked me. "We fought the entire way. I don't know what's gotten into him." I replied.

Marley sighed and kissed my forehead.

"It's not uncommon for a kid that grew up the way the two of you did to have anger issues." He told me. "This didn't happen when we were with dad though so I don't understand." I said. "Fear turns into anger." Marley said, making me laugh. "Don't go all Star Wars on me, Marley."

Marley always knew how to lighten the mood in the room. That's what I've grown to love about him.

Marley smiled at me and kissed me lightly.

"How about we go for a ride. You haven't been on the bike yet have you?" He asked me.

A smile grew on my face and I nodded.

"I'd love that." I replied.

Marley wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we headed toward the garage.