Chapter Twenty Four

Cheyenne POV:

It had been over six hours and Jack still hadn't woken up.

Marley had called once and told me that Andrew was in the cell down in the basement waiting for me.

"Ms. Clark, visiting hours are almost over. We'll call you if anything happens." A nurse said as she walked into the room. "What? I can't stay here with him?" I asked. "I'm sorry, ma'am." She replied before walking back out into the hall.

I let out an aggravated breath, kissed Jack's forehead and went back to the house.

I barged in the door when I got there and saw Dean sitting on the couch.

"Where is he?" I asked, coldly. "Follow me." He replied.

When we got to Andrew's cell, Marley, Ryder, Kade, and Danny were watching him.

"Hello, Andrew." I growled. "Bitch." He spat back at me.

This earned a slap in the face from Marley.

Ryder pulled out a hand gun from his belt and placed it in my hand.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked me.

I didn't hesitate before pointing the gun and shooting Andrew in the center of the forehead.

"Wow.. Okay. That just happened." Marley said, surprised.

He was dead. He was finally dead. And I was free.

Marley POV: 

I could tell that the sight in front of Cheyenne was sending her into shock so I took her hand and lead her away from the scene.

"Baby, are you good?" I asked her softly. "Been better." She whispered.

"Any news on Jack?" I asked. "Not yet." She said.

"Let's go to bed, okay." I told her. "I'm not tired, Marley." She responded. "We don't have to sleep. Just let me hold you." I replied.

Cheyenne only nodded and wrapped her arms around my waist as I lead her to our bedroom.

"I need a shower. I'll be back okay." I told her.

She grabbed my hand and I looked back at her.

"Can I join you?" She asked, almost sadly. "Of course. You don't have to ask, baby." I replied, taking her hand.

I gently tilted Cheyenne's head back as I washed her hair for her.

She seemed so depressed about Jack and I couldn't blame her. I was too. The only thing that had kept me from turning into a complete mess was the fact that I was torturing Andrew.

After I rinsed her hair out, I left a small kiss under her ear.

"I love you." I whispered to her. "I love you, too." She replied.

Early the next morning, Cheyenne's phone began to ring.

"Hello... Yes..."

Cheyenne suddenly shot up.

"He is?... I'm on my way." She said and hung up.

She then practically hopped off the bed.

"Jack's awake!" She called out, happily. "He is?" I asked and quickly got out of bed.

When we got to the hospital, Jack was sitting up in his bed eating breakfast.

"Jack!" Cheyenne said and rushed to her brother's side.

"Ow! That hurt." Jack complained. "Shit. I'm sorry sweetheart." She said and quickly let go.

"Where is he?" Jack asked, nervously. "Gone, man. Long gone." I told him and gave him a gentle hug.

A nurse walked into the room and saw the three of us.

"Good to see everyone is happy." She said and smiled.

"Are you the father?" The nurse asked.

I shrugged lightly.

"Kinda." I told her.

Cheyenne gave me a smile then looked back to the nurse.

"What's the word?" She asked. "Jack has three broken ribs, a very mild concussion and a fractured wrist."

Shit that we already knew.

"He just needs to take it easy for a while and he will be back to normal." The nurse continued. "When can we take him home?" I asked her. "Tomorrow, the next day at the latest." She replied.

I looked back to Jack and smiled at him.

"It's damn good to see you, kid." I told him.