#6 "Missed You"

Aurora looked at her black biker shorts and white oversized t-shirt as she walked out of the bedroom. Her hands holding her hair up as she grabbed the scrunchie from between her teeth and tied her curls.

"Where are you off to?"

Zoe was seated on the couch watching Family Matters.

"Going to surprise Logan at his practice. He's been pissed with me for not making an effort to see him this week."

Zoe rolled her eyes.

"If you told him Amelia wasn't  the only one cut off, he'd understand."

"And want to pay for my degree."

Aurora shook her head.

"I just need to make time for him and we'll be good."

She could see the disapproving look on Zoe's face.

She grabbed her handbag but stopped when she'd heard light snores coming from Zoe's bedroom. Her eyebrow arched.

"Oh don't judge."

"I'm not."

Aurora smiled as she left.

"But we'll talk later."

She dug into her handbag for her car keys and came up empty. Realization hit her.

She sighed as she began her journey on foot to the football field.

Her mind drifting off to that night when her past showed up. It was like a gentle reminder that no matter how much she tried to erase it. It would always come to bite her in the butt.

Logan was supposed to be the duster and she'd ended up falling for him. More than she'd liked to admit. She was putting in more effort than she did in past relationships most likely because he wasn't like them.

It wasn't about her body or having a pretty girl draped across your arm. It wasn't a rank or a competition. They'd built their own little cocoon of comfort that she didn't want to give up on.

It was why she didn't want to worry him with her school fees and all that was going on outside of their cocoon. Being him, he'd want to help and Aurora didn't want to feel like a damsel in distress. She wasn't raised that way.

As she stood at the entrance of the football field, she saw the players leaving.

She placed her hand on her head. She'd missed him.

"Aurora!"

She looked up smiling as they hugged briefly.

"Caleb. It's been awhile."

He nodded.

"Thought you bailed on my boy?"

She shook her head.

"Never. Is he still in?"

"Yeah he's showing his new friend some tricks."

Her eyebrow arched.

"New friend?"

"Don't worry."

Caleb smirked.

"It's a guy but I wanted to ask you something."

Aurora's hand found her pockets.

"Sure?"

Caleb scratched the back of his head.

"I know you didn't notice me in your creative writing poetry class but I'm taking it and I need your help."

A chuckle escaped her lips.

"You're taking poetry?"

He nodded.

"Things haven't been that good with Violet. She said I'm not romantic and has been pulling away, I needed an elective and I think this would be a good way."

A hum escaped her lips. She was no good at poetry either, a fish out of water.

"Caleb I..."

"Just think about it and don't tell a soul not even Logan, I don't want them making fun of me. I really need your help Aurora, I can't afford to have this course messing up my gpa."

Aurora wanted to help but it would be too much. With work and classes, homework and assignments, she was barely making time for Logan as is.

"Caleb..."

He raised his hand.

"Just think about it and I'll even do you a solid and not tell Logan that you've been cut off too."

Her jaw dropped.

"How?"

"Violet and Amelia are best friends. I've known since the night it happened, Vi was looking for a way to help."

She was backed against a wall.

"Fine, give me your number and I'll contact you."

Entering the football field, Logan's back was to her. He had the ball in his hand, swinging it back and then with force throwing it forward.

It wasn't until her eyes landed on him that she felt the need to be wrapped up in his arms. She'd missed him.

She sneaked up behind him, using her hands, she covered his eyes.

"I know that smell anywhere."

He said, holding onto her hands and spinning himself around.

He didn't give her a moment to speak as his lips collided with hers.

"God I missed you."

He said in between kisses, his hands finding its place on her waist.

Aurora felt eyes on them but as she looked up, no one was there.

"I missed you too."

She let out in a sigh.

Logan placed his forehead against hers as she kept her eyes closed.

She'd felt herself becoming teary eyed and she didn't know why.

It was like if with everyone she could be strong, she could put up this front that she had everything together. That she was surviving but that was a lie.

It was only a week and Aurora felt drained mentally and physically.

The tears began to flow and she couldn't stop them. It was like a pipe had burst and couldn't be switched off.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

She could hear the concern in Logan's voice as she shook her head.

"I just missed you."

Logan pressed his lips against her forehead as she buried herself in him.

"Just don't stop holding me okay?"

Logan nodded as they stayed like that.

When Aurora caught herself, she wiped at her eyes.

Logan looked at her.

"Are you sure everything is okay?"

She nodded.

"Yeah. I just didn't realize how much I missed you until now."

Logan smiled.

"And you wanted to leave all of this."

Aurora chuckled as he placed his arm around her shoulder.

He looked up at the bleachers.

"I wanted you to meet this new guy. He's a basketball fan like you."

Logan teased.

"My crying fest probably ran him away."

Logan kissed her temple.