*• Chapter 4: Peppy •*

After gym, I headed into the locker room with Dina just to make Sydney mad. If she was going to steal my best friend, might as well steal hers. "You going to the pep rally later?" I ask Dina as we enter the locker room. "Yeah, of course. Brad invited me. And oh, I forgot to tell you." She smiled as I opened my locker to take out my stuff. "Me and Bradley Lewis are dating!" Dina squealed and I slightly smiled.

"I know. I mean Brad told me you guys did the 'thing' but really didn't tell me you guys were dating." I shrug starting to change as she did the same. "He also gave me his jacket." She showed in her locker and that was when my jaw dropped. Bradley has never given his jacket to someone. "That's, surprising..." I trail off as she giggled.

"Oh yeah, Ricky Berry's birthday party is coming up. He told me earlier about it. Wanna come?" I smirk as I heard Syd come around the corner. She looked at the two of us before I grabbed my stuff. "I'll think about it." She replied and I nodded before heading out of the locker room.

— • — • —

*~ Syd's Pov ~*

As soon as Amazon 'Fucking Bully Ass' Dodger left I went up to Dina. My sweater was in hand and I felt awkward. It was just a favor, how hard could it be to ask a fucking favor?

"Well, I hate to ask, but..." I trailed off trying to find words. Dina would never turn down a favor for me right..? "-Can you give me a ride after school?" I finish as I watch her apply chapstick on her lips. "My mom just wants me to go grocery shopping again. I know it's lame but--" I added but having Dina cut me off from finishing my sentence.

I slowly put on my sweater that I had worn yesterday, still listening to her response. "No, no, no Syd. I swear to God, I would. I sort of promised Brad I would go to the pep rally with him. So..."

I was taken back by her response

I was taken back by her response. It was just so, forward. Dina wouldn't lie to me though. I know that for sure. "But isn't the pep rally for people like--" I tell her trying to find the word I'm looking for. "People like what, Syd?" Dina raised a brow as I continue to put on my sweater.

"People with, you know..." I try to explain and do some enthusiastic movement with my hands, "pep." I finish trying to change her mind about it. "I know it's stupid, but it's a pretty big game, you know?" She rummages through her locker as she speaks to me.

She was going to the game too? At this point, I couldn't really believe Dina. But, I can't really stop her either... "You're going to the game too?" I question feeling my face droop and open my locker to hide myself and well, get my jacket.

 "You're going to the game too?" I question feeling my face droop and open my locker to hide myself and well, get my jacket