*• Chapter 14: Does He Know? •*

"There! There! Freeze it there!" Syd pointed at the computer, pausing the tape. We were at Stan's house, watching the recording from the library. I was getting bored of watching the same thing over and over again. So I started looking for candy. Now, I was sucking on a cherry lollipop.

"Yeah, you see? What is that?" Syd looked closely and I literally saw nothing like the many times before. "Um..." Stan said confused while playing with his rubix cube. "Well, can you zoom in? Enhance?" She asks frustrated, and I just furrow my eyebrows.

 "Well, can you zoom in? Enhance?" She asks frustrated, and I just furrow my eyebrows

"Enhance?" Stan looked at her in absolute disbelief. How was he going to enhance something on this old school computer? "What kind of fuckin' operation do you think I'm running here?" He sighed as I stand behind the couch and slump forward.

"That just looks like your shadow

"That just looks like your shadow." Stan looked closely and I did too almost falling. "It does Syd." I added, while sucking on my lollipop. Stan unpaused it and continued playing with the cube.

The recording went on, showing Syd knocking over almost all the bookcases in the library. "That's so cool." He said intrigued, even after watching the tape several times. "It's so not cool! It is massively screwed up. Can you stop doing that?" Syd asked annoyed from Stan's fidgeting.

"Sorry." He mumbled, letting out a sigh and putting down his rubix cube. "Jesus fucking Christ." The auburn haired girl laid her face in her palms. Syd was sick and tired of all this already. She just wanted to understand what all this was.

"Uh, do you want to look at it again, or—"

"We've watched it, like, a million times." She cut him off and I nodded agreeingly. "Do you see how bored I am from watching this over and over?" I point at my face and Stan nodded.

"Okay, and we're just missing this fucker. I— I know it. I mean, he's in there." He tried to reassure her but it just made Syd more stressed. "But what if he isn't? Then I'm just completely insane, huh?" She laughs while Stan gave her a blank stare.

I mean, I didn't know what to do. Me and Syd weren't close, I didn't know how to deal with her and her stupid attitude. "Okay, Syd, if you honestly believe that someone was there, and they straight up fuckin' disappeared, then... I believe it too." He supported and she just looked at him.