*• Chapter 10: Dress Code •*

After cleaning up the night before, Stan walked with me home. I even almost was late in the morning for school. "ZIZI WAKE UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Stan banged on my bedroom door and I groan. "Five more minutes..." I mumble and Stan burst in.

"ZIZI GET UP ITS 7:05!" He yelled and my eyes shot open. "Then why didn't you say so?!" I yelled back in a panic rushing into the bathroom. I quickly change, brushed my teeth, throw my hair in a ponytail, and grabbing my bag as we both run out.

 I quickly change, brushed my teeth, throw my hair in a ponytail, and grabbing my bag as we both run out

Stan even handed me a sandwich for breakfast as we both run down the sidewalk to Stan's car.

— • — • —

Luckily, we were able to come to an on-time school and now I was taking a test in Mr.File's class. I didn't study as much so I just tried the best as I could. Though, I kinda cheated with Stan. You see, we have this technique where we would tap on our desk for the answers. One tap for the first choice, two for the second, so on so forth.

It was clever too since we were sitting near each other, aka I sat in front of him. Even since Stan was kinda smart, it was easy for the both of us.

"Hey! Hey! I need to talk to you." I hear Stan whisper and I turn around. Turns out he was trying to talk to Syd who was all the way in the back keeping her head down and staring at her test. I scrunch my brows and roll my eyes going back to my test.

Mr.File, who was reading a magazine with his feet on his desk looked over at Stan and narrowed his brows. He hated people who cheated on tests. We never exactly know why, but if he saw or heard a little peep he would go nuts.

"Eyes on your tests. No talking." He slammed his magazine down on his lap and looked around the classroom. Stan went back to his test and helped me out with our table tapping.

Suddenly Mr.File got up and stood in front of Dina and Brad who was trying to cheat off of her. "Hey. How's it hangin'?" Mr.File asked, catching Brad's attention. "It's a-hangin'. And, uh, how are you today, sir?" Brad nervously chuckled and our teacher just looked down upon him and glared.

Catching the whole class's attention, we all watched as he took both their tests and examined it. He just nodded and humming a simple, "Mm-hm."

"I didn't do anything wrong." Brad tried to hide it and Dina also glared at her boyfriend.

"You wanna try that again?" Mr.File asked and Brad just sat there speechless. "Well, you— you see,
my— my ankle's been swollen. And these pin meds I'm on they make it hard for me to focus, and I
was—" Brad tried to make up the lamest excuse I've ever heard as Mr.File cut him off.

"Detention, after school, both of you. And you'll receive failing grades on this test." He eyed them both and I was just shocked. Golden Boy and Dina have never had detention before.

"Seriously?" I hear Syd say and everyone turned around and looked at her. "Uh-oh," I muttered as I also look at Syd. "Excuse me?" Mr.File looked at Syd in the back and she was just completely upset. "Dina's been studying this for weeks. Now Brad cheats off her, and she has to fail the test? I mean, that is such bullshit!" She slams her hand on her desk making me jump a bit.